Best 42/46" LCD with 1080p?

Hello,

Already created one thread but i keep changing my mind!

First off, there was the Philips i looked at which supposedly supported 1080p ... It didn't. Seems like

it may be enabled through Firmware but I'm not taking any chances. Then i was looking at Sharps 46" model ... Sold-out.

Now I'm looking at the Sony "Bravia Sony 46 LCD-TV KDL-46W2000" where i understand it only supports 1080p over HDMI ...

Can anyone help me in this jungle :s

Edit: To make it clear, if i were to purchase a TV now it would be the Bravia. So if anyone else got suggestions it would be great!

Give a look at the Samsung LE46F71B just so you have something to compare to. I would probably still go with the Sony, though. The Sharp you had considered is also a very nice set. It's a different image type (a little hard to describe, but you'd understand if you saw it next to the Sony or Samsung)) which some people love and some people hate and is a great value.

i second that samsung LE46F71B

The set is nice, though I like the smoothness of the Sony images more. The Samsung has richer colors but breaks up very quickly drastic drastic color changes while the Sony tends to maintain the image and gradient a bit better.

Give a look at the Samsung LE46F71B just so you have something to compare to. I would probably still go with the Sony, though. The Sharp you had considered is also a very nice set. It's a different image type (a little hard to describe, but you'd understand if you saw it next to the Sony or Samsung)) which some people love and some people hate and is a great value.

Hey bangbang, do you mind describing what you mean by "it's a different image type" if you don't mind? Thank you.

Thanks a ton Bangbang!

But just to make sure, both support true 1080p out-of-box?

The Sony and the Samsung cost exactly the same here, so I'm still leaning towards the sony.

ya, the sony's processing engine(Bravia) is much nicer than the samsungs

Anything to back that up? Or are you judging by them jumping balls commercials?

Edited by wicker_man

Hmmm,

A few people i know keep telling me to save my damn money!

They insist i buy a cheaper set like the Sharp Aquos 42" 42SD1E! Then i can spent more money on the Surround Sound set and

perhaps even afford a PS3 with Blu-Ray and a ton of movies when that time comes ...

Would you trade out the Sony 46" 1080p for the Sharp with 'only' 720p? And the Image Quality of the Sharps are supposed to be great.

Gonna order the sets tommorow so it's either the cheap sharp or the expensive Sony ...

Hey bangbang, do you mind describing what you mean by "it's a different image type" if you don't mind? Thank you.

Like I said, it's hard to describe. Given my work schedule this week, I'm too tired to even try.

Thanks a ton Bangbang!

But just to make sure, both support true 1080p out-of-box?

The Sony and the Samsung cost exactly the same here, so I'm still leaning towards the sony.

Yes, both support full true 1080p.

Hmmm,

A few people i know keep telling me to save my damn money!

They insist i buy a cheaper set like the Sharp Aquos 42" 42SD1E! Then i can spent more money on the Surround Sound set and

perhaps even afford a PS3 with Blu-Ray and a ton of movies when that time comes ...

Would you trade out the Sony 46" 1080p for the Sharp with 'only' 720p? And the Image Quality of the Sharps are supposed to be great.

Gonna order the sets tommorow so it's either the cheap sharp or the expensive Sony ...

You have to look at the Sharp and see for yourself. While I don't think you need to go 720p to enjoy HDTV, I'm not sure I would choose a Sharp, but that's personal preference and comes back to that "different image type" thing I had mentioned. You really have to compare them side by side and see what looks best to you. I don't like the 720p Sharp images yet others love them and I can understand why.