4 or 5 input Toslink switch?

I now have 4 optical outputting devices, and only 1 input. Until now I've been using a 3x1 passive switch and

haven't had any complaints. I can't seem to find however, an optical only switch that goes above 3 inputs. Most

of the other solutions I've heard are 400-500$. Just wanted to see if anyone had any alternatives to buying one

of those, or just buying another 3x1 switch. Any ideas are greatly appreciated :)

hehe, how did I know you'd be the one to reply bangbang :) That's a lot more pricey than just another 3x1 switch, but as long as hdmi isn't going anywhere for awhile, then I suppose it'd be a decent investment for a future setup.

hehe, how did I know you'd be the one to reply bangbang :) That's a lot more pricey than just another 3x1 switch, but as long as hdmi isn't going anywhere for awhile, then I suppose it'd be a decent investment for a future setup.

http://www.inday.com/da4x/da4x.htm

bada bing my brother. Looks like I hit a jackpot while doing some more digging for you.

Nice find man, I searched for like 20 mins earlier and started giving up. I wonder though, since you're one of the few who's opinions I value, would you buy the simple audio switch or pay a little more and get that hdmi one?

Edit: I'm leaning towards just the audio switch just because of the simultaneous output. Instead of switching between coax/optical on my 5500s, everything would be spit out to the one optical all the time.

Edited by crackhbob

Nice find man, I searched for like 20 mins earlier and started giving up. I wonder though, since you're one of the few who's opinions I value, would you buy the simple audio switch or pay a little more and get that hdmi one?

Unless you need the HDMI one, I'd go for the audio only one. It's nice to have it all in one, but why pay for something you don't need right now, you know?

I saw some of those Gefen switches too, those things must be slick for the insane price tags!

Edit: w00t! Ordered it through markertek for 117 shipped. :D

Edited by crackhbob

Really? I saw 2 options, and the second one was just the rs-232 added... Hmm... if that's the case then when their site decides to load again I may have to cancel that order and rectify things :) Thanks for the headsup

Edit: Yep, you're right.. I wasn't paying attention. That would've been pretty unfortunate.

Edited by crackhbob