[UK] BT master socket rewiring

Is is safe to have the incoming cable and an outgoing cable connected directly together on the terminal block (i think thats what its called)

(and i know its not legal to mess around with it)

EDIT: added a image of what i mean

post-51766-1167005224.jpg

Edited by minigun

You are leggally alowed to play with that part of the master switch, those wires are not for the external phoneline they are for the internal phone extensions!

So don't know what you are trying to do?

im trying to add a extension (to upstairs) WITHOUT using a splitter plugged in to the front of the master socket

Alright mate.

Yeah I've done that in my place, I wanted to have my DSL router upstairs, so I ripped the front off my master socket and piggybacked another cable to upstairs. Works a treat at 6mb which is what I pay for.

Thanks for replys :)

I wanted to have my DSL router upstairs, so I ripped the front off my master socket and piggybacked another cable to upstairs.

thats exactly it :D

my dad attempted this in my house.

hes built our house. although hes amazing at building, he just isnt as good with phone wiring.

he got all the phones in the house working, but when we grew up, got the internet, and finally got broadband, the broadband wouldnt work from any of the sockets up stairs, only from the master sock down stairs.

i used an extension lead, running under the carpets untill i moved out, when i moved back in, i couldnt stand to use the extensions again, and i googled it and came up with basiclly what you are down, done it myself. the now the broadband works in my bedroom up stairs :)

Alright mate.

Yeah I've done that in my place, I wanted to have my DSL router upstairs, so I ripped the front off my master socket and piggybacked another cable to upstairs. Works a treat at 6mb which is what I pay for.

I tried that but I got disconnected all the time.