new site w/flash i designed.

Question

18 answers to this question

Front page is a bit confusing (not REALLY confusing, but users want FFFFAAAASSSTTT access to a site ... not to read their way into it) ... and i never was a big fan of flash... but nice work on the main page :)

well its cool looking..ill give you that ...

but maybe you should consider substance over style. html is still the most widely recognized format of the web.(and if you ask me the best)

Front page is a bit confusing

Yup... I didn't expect a link to the IE page when I clicked the link but to be taken to the IE of the site... really sucky frontpage.

As for the site I've seen better... not that it's bad, but functional sites are always better.

That site is good in flash. You dont need to compress it because it loaded up and ran smooth on my 56k as is. Good job. I wonder how long it would take me to do a flash site like that.

BTW, how long did it take you to do that?

35-40 hours omg. Never thought it took so long. Oh well i aint gonna do flash sites for a while then, More important things do like a site for uni.

When i decide on what type of site im gonna do for my uni project (to largely include javascript) could you kind ppl advise me on what type of site design you would do for it? (e.g. graphical, layout, etc.

yeah, that site was just sittin on my 2k box at work for testing purposes. it will be up in about a month, at usroute33.com. also, i have a few other flash sites goin up soon. ill post those soon.

I have a couple of comments.

1. The text in your intro goes too fast. Slow it down a little. You want to make it so that even the slowest of readers can read every word before it moves on.

2. The sound you use for the link once the page has loaded gets old really quick, its too much for a high pitched sound. I would go with a more subtle sound.

3. I don't really dig that yellow color/texture you have going on. Myabe a different shade of yellow, or just a solid color would work better.

4. Maybe your intro could be a little more informative. I was still guessing after it had finished just what the company/site was about. Your intro is pointless if it doesn't answer the question "what is this company/site"

Other than those few minor things, the site looks great. I like the individual loading of items on the page, instead of those long "loading" screens, and then everything shows at once. It made it feel like I was waiting less time cause I was seeing stuff happening on the screen.