• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Vista Boot Logo Generator

mikejd1    0

only thing that sucks, these dont look right on widescreen monitors, the boot is stretched :(

Hey folks,

Thought you might be interested in being the first to get hold of a small tool I whipped up - Vista Boot Logo Generator! It basically takes the hard work out of generating the new high res 800x600 & 1024x768 24-bit colour boot screens, so you can spend more time creating your works of art :-)

You can get it here:

Vista Boot Logo Generator v1.1

It is still very much a beta, so use at your own risk. Have fun :-)

Cheers,

Dan

UPDATE: v1.1 is now out which fixes a blank screen bug that some people were experiencing.

hey man, Is it possible for you to also make a selection for widescreen resolutions?

ady199    7

Has anyone got any boot screens I could have - I'm looking for the screens to be both in 800x600 & 1024x768 24bit.

Thanks in advance.

Prosidius    54

Anyone know the font of the Windows Logo?

Danrarbc    1
only thing that sucks, these dont look right on widescreen monitors, the boot is stretched :(

hey man, Is it possible for you to also make a selection for widescreen resolutions?

A workaround would be to essentially 'anamorphically' create your boot screen.

For instance this oval would be expanded out to a circle on a 16:10 screen.

post-4597-1169757511_thumb.png

Koopie    0

I just did a widescreen version of the orb boot logo, credits for the original logo creator, rm20010 and Danrarbc for the Oval idea :yes:

Also 1.2 beta of the tool is out! They look sweet im my widescreen :)

post-60023-1170373722_thumb.png

post-60023-1170373744_thumb.png

Edited by Koopie

mikejd1    0

hasanyone else noticed that afterinstalling the winload.exe.mui file a decrease in boot up perfrmace? I just checked my log and I have a critical error for bootup perfromace at 300813ms. This all begin happening right after installing this file.

Mike

Denis W.    732
I just did a widescreen version of the orb boot logo, credits for the original logo creator, rm20010 and Danrarbc for the Oval idea :yes:

Also 1.2 beta of the tool is out! They look sweet im my widescreen :)

Thanks for editing that screen! Those will look great with my future laptop.

bluezz    1

It gives me an error "Unable to save the boot screen file." "Try running application under Admin account."

But I am the one and only Admin for my system.

Using version 1.2 beta

Code.Red    5

^ Right click the exe, and Run as administrator. :)

bluezz    1

thanks that helps..

now getting the permission to copy winload.exe.mui in Sys32 directory..

tried following the steps to 'takeown' but i think i am doing something wrong..

Code.Red    5

Took me a while to figure it out, but here goes: :p

Right click, properties on winload.exe.mui, Security tab, click Advanced, Owner tab, click Edit, select yourself in the list, OK, OK.

Close properties window, reopen, Security tab, Edit, Full Control for yourself.

bluezz    1

works great

thanks a bunch =)

mikejd1    0
Took me a while to figure it out, but here goes: :p

Right click, properties on winload.exe.mui, Security tab, click Advanced, Owner tab, click Edit, select yourself in the list, OK, OK.

Close properties window, reopen, Security tab, Edit, Full Control for yourself.

you and me both :angry:

Panda X    80

Any update on x64?

nero78    0

Is there an option to reset all to Vista default?

nero78    0
Is there an option to reset all to Vista default?

I mean is there a option to reset to original bootscreen after you have changed to bootscreen once?

mycoolkim    30

xdim@ - please edit your post instead of posting twice

There is a was to reset it, just find the original Vista boot screen, and why would you want to go back 0.o

nero78    0
xdim@ - please edit your post instead of posting twice

There is a was to reset it, just find the original Vista boot screen, and why would you want to go back 0.o

Couldnt edit it :(

There is always smart to have a possibility to go back ;) Where do i find the original boot screen?

fix-this!    76

i installed this program on my vista home premium and for some reason i cant change my bootscreen picture at all ? is there anything i might be doing wrong ? i am logged on as the admin and followed all steps to change the picture.

forrie    0

Has anyone noticed in the Aero transparency that seems to reveal a hidden layer, when you move the windows around, there is a pattern - which is very close to (of not the same as) the original logon window pattern. I wonder if there's some clever way to replace this. Imagine your favorite character Freddy Krueger

On a related note: I was pretty disappointed at Stardock's "LogonStudio" - hardly a "studio" as all it does as replace the bitmap! Lame.

hibrad2003    0

I cannot for the life of me make this work, I have tried for 3 days, and nothing wants to work, it simply will not go to the boot screen I made, i used the tool 1.1 and 1.2, and put it in c:\windows\system32\en-US and it still defaults to the aurora picture with blackened edges, the default noguiboot picture. Can someone help me with this, possibly take a look @ the bootscreen.exe.mui i made to see if thats the problem? here is a pic of what i made. Bootscreen link since imageshack is down :|

no1    8
I cannot for the life of me make this work, I have tried for 3 days, and nothing wants to work, it simply will not go to the boot screen I made, i used the tool 1.1 and 1.2, and put it in c:\windows\system32\en-US and it still defaults to the aurora picture with blackened edges, the default noguiboot picture. Can someone help me with this, possibly take a look @ the bootscreen.exe.mui i made to see if thats the problem? here is a pic of what i made. Bootscreen link since imageshack is down :|

What language do you use? If it's not English, then you have to put the file in the appropriate folder. For example, if you use the German version, you have to put the file in \Windows\System32\de-DE.

MtnDewCodeRedFreak    251

I'd like the Vista orb the size of the soda-can (bottom or top) at the slight above of the center of the screen, with the white words "Windows Vista" in appropriate fonts below the orb, and the green scrolling bars below the "Windows Vista."

Picky, picky, picky - I know, lol.

ArmedMonkey    0

Is there a way to add an animated load bar like in the regular one?