[Review] Steelpad QcK+ Mousepad ( Pictures Included )

Jagshemash,

I recently purchased a Steelpad QcK+ Gaming Mousepad.

Manufacturers Product Page :

http://www.steelseries.com/products/steelp...eelpad_qck_plus

Price : $12-20 dollars online ( i bought it from amazon for 15$ )

Packaging : The packaging is INCREDIBLY simple. There is no wrap...just a long box with the mousepad curled inside. A very simple, no hassle design.

2qiuwba.jpg

Surface : The surface is very smooth. It is a cloth mousepad and the surface has a kind of nylon feel to it. The bottom is a non-slip type of rubber or something. It hasnt moved 1 inch and works well.

Size : This mousepad is designed for gaming and low sensitivity mice who need a lot of surface to track. With this said, the area is HUGE. Be well aware if you purchase this that it may not fit on your desk. You may have to put your keyboard on top of it, or make it hang down on the side of your desk. Some may like this massive size but for me...it is way too large. Below is a comparison of sizes :

34pfcr4.jpg

Thickness : The mousepad is VERY thin. Don't expect half an inch of thickness, this mousepad is almost as thin as it gets.

Tracking : Tracking is very precise. I came from a cloth mousepad about double the thickness of this and the tracking is a lot better. Everything is precise, and even though it takes awhile to get used to, in the long run it is better.

4dgu9uf.jpg

Other Comments : I have only owned the mousepad for a few weeks, and it already is getting a little dirty. Where the mousepad flaps over the desk there is a slight white mark, and specs of material can easily hold onto the pads surface. Also, I am using a Logitech MX518 mouse. I know users with the Logitech G5 mouse that also feel it has great tracking.

2eflus8.jpg

Pros

Great tracking for gaming and other tasks

Cheap Price compared to other "gaming mousepads"

Non-Slip rubber back

Not too thick, yet has a substantial feel

Cons

Way too big...i use about 1/4 of it MAX.

Dirt collects somewhat easily

White marks where mousepad creases.

Rating + Bottom Line : 8.5/10

The QcK+ is a good choice for a semi-serious to professional gamer with a lot of desk space, and a need for lots of tracking room. However, if you are in the market for a new mousepad, i would recommend something a little cheaper and less specialized toward games.

NOTE : Steelpad also has released a QcK+ Mini , which sells for about 7$ and is A LOT smaller then its counterpart. This may be a better choice for users with little or no space.

This was my first review ^_^. Thanks for reading it and i hope it helps those in the market for a new mousepad.

Quite a bit of difference, but definitely not this one. :p

- Grip with desk is ok, but that's due to the nature of cloth pads.

- It's definitely not the thinnest mousepad around.

- The glide could actually be better, even as a cloth pad.

- The precision is not that great in relative

- It's big, but definitely not the biggest around -- and you can actually use most of it (At least in terms of width). The square design is not very good because most of the room up is wasted.

Yes, I've tried quite of bit of mousepads, and the QcK+ is one of the many I've bashed. (Out of all that I've tried -- over a dozen -- there's only 2 that I would actually recommend)

The price could be justifiable though, great deal :)

NOTE : Steelpad also has released a QcK+ Mini , which sells for about 7$ and is A LOT smaller then its counterpart. This may be a better choice for users with little or no space.
had it for 3 or 4 months, and it's great, but it gets dirty easily, I'll have to wash it ;(

It may just be because of my dislike for cloth mouse pads but I can't stand this mouse pad. The mouse seems to "stick" to it more then my table or my fUnc sUrface 1030 Archetype.

• 3 weeks later...
you need a mousepad if you have a glass desk.

I'm using an mx revolution, and I still need a mousepad.

I use a mousepad and I am on a wood desk. Some of us would rather have their mouse glide than have the mouse stick to the desk when you try to move it.

It may just be because of my dislike for cloth mouse pads but I can't stand this mouse pad. The mouse seems to "stick" to it more then my table or my fUnc sUrface 1030 Archetype.

The func surface the one of two out of many mousepads I personally like, that one rocks :p (My other favorite is the XTracPads Hybrid, the rest sucks)

• 2 weeks later...
you need a mousepad if you have a glass desk.

I'm using an mx revolution, and I still need a mousepad.

i have an optical mouse on glass desk w/o mouse mat works ok (jumpy somtimes)

• 4 weeks later...

When my G5 Laser Mouse arrives and I'm going to ditch my slick steel mouse pad and just use the wooden table. It's a PITA to keep having to clean the mouse pad.