Event Source:	DCOM
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	10005
Date:		05/01/2007
Time:		15:29:09
User:		PETER\Administrator
Computer:	PETER
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I noticed it did this for the first time on the 23rd of December:

Event Type:	Error
Event ID:	10010
Date:		23/12/2006
Time:		01:45:49
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The server {222F1C6D-F430-4B76-B3F1-1FE92E214AD3} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Seems to be similar to the above, but it's only done that two or three other times, the next was on the 27th, then the 28th, 28th again but ever since it has been doing the first 10005 error, almost daily, many times four or five times.

Until the 5th, then it did loads in a row. That was also the day we had a good go at trying to get our network to work properly. See below.

Now I don't really know what it means but it seems to be causing me problems when doing things on the internet.

I can browse pages fine, but when I try and start uTorrent then it has the yellow triangle indicating there is some sort of error with my network. It usually turns green but now it's staying yellow.

The last thing I installed was Nero 7 - although surely this shouldn't be causing a problem?

I did a bit of slimming down my Windows folder, which I am hoping hasnt done it, I dont think it has as I did all this about 5 days go and the errors seem to have been happening just today.

Also, can someone tell me what the following is:

The TVICHW32 service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

The other thing is that my computer is hooked into a router with another computer.

MY computer can see my shared documents and the shared documents folder of COMPUTER2 but COMPUTER2 can't see me or it's own shared documents (when looking in My Network Places) but it can see the router. I cannot see the router, but I think i might have changed a setting in Windows to make it like that a long time ago. Over the past few days we've been trying to sort it but it just is. . well, being windows. However, there is this error to go with it:

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer COMPUTER2 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{2C225C50-FCB9-4. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

I dont know if this is anything to do with it?

We're not exactly computer novices, my Dad has done IT Support pretty much the latter part of his working life, my brother does the same and I did it for a while at a school, so setting up networks isnt new, but this one just seems to be strange. It works, so we decided not to try and make it work how it should until the other day.

Also, the last note - how do I remove a service?

I have two but they can't run as I don't have the files on my PC anymore.

EDIT Error 10005 is Windows Media Player. I disabled a networking service thing for it and keep denying the program is wants to add to my start up because i dont need them, so I guess this puts the whole post out?

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by Mr Spoon

• 3 weeks later...
...I noticed it did this for the first time on the 23rd of December:

Event Type:	Error
Event ID:	10010
Date:		23/12/2006
Time:		01:45:49
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The server {222F1C6D-F430-4B76-B3F1-1FE92E214AD3} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Hi Peter,

I get the same error and found your post about it. So I clicked on the link in the error log's error properties (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp) and read this:

To determine the program vendor

Using Regedit, navigate to the following registry value

HKCR\Clsid\clsid value\localserver32

The clsid value is the information displayed in the message.

In the right pane, double-click Default. The Edit String dialog box is displayed. Leave this dialog box open.

Click Start, and then click My Computer.

Using the information displayed in the Value data box of the Edit String dialog box, navigate to the program.

Right-click the program name, and then click Properties.

The Properties dialog box for the program is displayed.

To determine who the vendor is for this program, refer to the Version tab.

So I ran regedit and went to this value:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{222F1C6D-F430-4B76-B3F1-1FE92E214AD3}

...and discovered it's related to Raxco's "Perfect Disk".

I haven't decided what to do - maybe uninstall PerfectDisk as I don't use it much.

Cheers,

RDN.