[NCAA Football] Florida upsets Ohio State in Championship

I know I know the game isn't even over. But right now it's 41-14 and it doesn't look like OSU is coming back.

I'm so glad, before the game I decided to root for OSU.... but after the opening kick off for a TD I switched over to Florida because I like Florida, so it made sense. I'm probably the only person in Ohio that's going to bed happy tonight! :D CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!

Thoughts? I was going to BUMP my old poll about the game but it's gone. It was a vote on who will win, and I believe it was around 25-7 OSU. Heh. You all were wrong! Oh wait so was I. Ohhhh well!!

flip flop is all I saw in that sentence.

Yeah! Just in time too.

I was thinking fair-weather fan, myself.

Yeah!!! Well not really because I changed who I was rooting for when Ohio State was up but still.. I wanted to root for the winner.

CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP! heh

I am not surprised at all about this romp.

I will quote myself again:

I wouldn't downplay Florida, guys. At this point, many people are just saying Florida will get owned because they are unhappy with what the BCS did.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this went either way when its kickoff time.

We don't. People just like to think OSU is the best thing since sliced bread because they went undefeated and beat a Michigan team by a field goal in their own turf even though their previous "impressive wins" came to a mediocre Iowa team in September and a Texas team that well...we all know where they are headed this bowl season.

Having said that, congrats to Florida for embarrassing "the" Ohio St. University who everyone thought would win this easily.

Being from Jax, Fla originally I had to go with the Gators although initially I was worried about their chances,l I am so excited to see them pull it out and stomp OSU. So much for the "Florida shouldn't be it, it should have been Michigan" people.

The funny thing is everyone was making fun of me at work today saying that we would be getting a good ass whoopin'. After driving back home from Glendale tonight, I can't wait to see their faces tomorrow! :)

GO GATORS!! It's great to be a Florida Gator!

Yeah! Just in time too.

Yeah!!! Well not really because I changed who I was rooting for when Ohio State was up but still.. I wanted to root for the winner.

CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP! heh

you see, the funny thing is I'm not even from Ohio, and it looks like you are, esp with those sigs. My Dad graduated from Ohio State and I've been a fan since I was a little kid. I've never backed away from supporting this team, even during the crappy Cooper era. Heck, I was accepted there and would have gone if I could have claimed in state tuition, but none of my relatives would have taken me in. Let me guess, you like Michigan too, don't you?

I am not surprised at all about this romp.

I will quote myself again:

Having said that, congrats to Florida for embarrassing "the" Ohio St. University who everyone thought would win this easily.

Not "everyone" said they would win easy. There were a lot of reporters mentioning how OSU needed to tighted up the Zone Defense or switch defenses since OSU tends to stay only in the zone until the opposing team gets to the red zone. Florida knew this and this was exploited during the Michigan game too.

I'm so glad, before the game I decided to root for OSU.... but after the opening kick off for a TD I switched over to Florida because I like Florida, so it made sense.
That's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Well, I obviously thought UF would win but I didn't think it would be that big of a blowout. I figured a game in the 20s with big defensive stands would have been the playout. OSU forgot the defense though, and Troy Smith looked like he didn't belong out there.

I'm just so happy for the Gators right now. How is that for style points, ESPN?

Let me guess, you like Michigan too, don't you?

Nah I'm just so sick of hearing about Ohio State... and I have to suffer watching the Browns I was everyone else around me to suffer. :p

That's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Florida's a great state.

Florida's a great state.

No it's not. I was born there. It's hot, humid, and rampant with Drivers who go 20-40 miles over the speed limit of some cities (Orlando was one that I remember of)

• 2 weeks later...
No it's not. I was born there. It's hot, humid, and rampant with Drivers who go 20-40 miles over the speed limit of some cities (Orlando was one that I remember of)

You might want to change your custom title ;)