zune/vista compatability issue won't go away!

so i just got my zune for christmas after much research i found out how to hack the zune software to MAKE it work with vista (i'm using Vista RC1 Ultimate Edition). the following is what i did: 1. Create a directory on your desktop called 'Zune'. You can delete this at the end, it's a temporary storage area.

2. Copy the 'zunevista.exe' file you downloaded above to this new directory.

2. Put your Zune CD in the CD drive. In the 'Packages\ZUNE' directory you'll find a file called 'Zune-x86-ENU.exe'. Copy that to the folder you just created.

3. This bit is why you need WinRAR! Right click the file you've just copied, and select 'Extract Here'.

4. You now have 'Zune.msi' right? Great! You can now delete 'Zune-x86-ENU.exe'.

5. Now we're going to patch the MSI to install on Vista using my patch. Double click 'zunevista.exe'. You'll get prompted by Windows to allow the application to run. Allow it

6. You'll see the patch run, and it will tell you it's successfully completed. Hurrah! You now have a Vista friendly zune.msi! You can delete zunevista.exe now.

We now need to run the MSI, but with elevated permissions, which is a bit of a pain. You can't just right click an MSI and do 'run as administrator', so you have to jump through some hoops.

7. Click the 'start orb' or press the windows key, and type 'cmd'. You'll see the cmd application is selected, but DON'T hit enter. Hit CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER instead! You'll be instantly prompted for permission to run the application, indicating that it will be running with elevated permissions.

8. We need to run the MSI now. Type the following 'C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\Zune\Zune.msi', obviously replacing the path as appropriate for your configuration.

You'll now be led through the Zune setup! Hurrah! Just install as normal, and when the install is finished... REBOOT. This is not an optional step, you MUST do this!

There is only one step left now, and that is to set the Zune software itself to run in XP Compatability mode. This is because MS have implemented an OS check in the software.

9. Click the 'start orb' or press the windows key, and type 'Zune'. You'll see the Zune application

After doing this it worked once restarting. but after that it stops working and says "the file wmvcore.dll has a version number of 11.0.5600.6276 where 11.0.5721.5145 was expected. zune is not installed properly and must be reinstalled."

i tired using the updated setup file that is on zune.net but it comes up saying operating system not supported. i just want to get it to work with my version of vista right now and not have to wait two months until the release of vista.

any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Gus