[Soccer] Premiership - Cech Ready to Return

Chelsea keeper Petr Cech has revealed that he is fully fit and ready to return to first team action.

The Czech shot-stopper has been sidelined since fracturing his skull against Reading in October, but he is now close to making a return

He has confirmed that he is only awaiting the green-light from Chelsea's medical team before making himself available for selection to Jose Mourinho.

"I have to say I am feeling physically 100 per cent ready," he told his own website.

"After they give me the green light for a return it will only depend on how well I feel and when I will be ready for the first game."

Mourinho will be desperate to have Cech back in his starting line-up given their current run of form - which has seen them fall six points behind Manchester United.

Cech feels Chelsea have missed captain John Terry in recent weeks.

"It is a pity that we concede goals mainly from set-pieces," he said.

"It is clear that we miss John Terry and his height. Moreover, we have been a bit unlucky most recently. The ball always bounces to an opponents legs."

Cech also believes the Premiership title race is still wide open.

"The gap is not small but there is still a lot to play and nothing is decided yet," he added.

Source: Sky Sports

I am a Manchester United fan in the Premiership (my main team is Plymouth Argyle), but I have to say it's good news that Cech is back. It was a shame to see him injured at Reading, and I hope he plays again soon.

His first full game will be a team trying to put him under pressure and scare the faeces out of him by concentrating on Petr Cech's head.

I did see a clip of him with a Rugby Union helmet on, I am wondering if he will still wear it.

It would be wise for him to wear it during matches. We all know how violent football is in the Premiership.