64 bit TV Tuner Card

Hi. My question is I am going to be installing Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit when it is released (because it is more secure, etc), and was wanting to watch TV with a TV tuner card through media center. I was wondering if I had to be careful about the card that I buy (like it has to be specific cards), or can I buy any one and it will work. Also, if I do have to buy specific cards, what are some things to look for that will tell me if it will work and what are some suggestions? Thanks

ATI TV Wonder Elite !

Works like a charm on my Vista x64 Ultimate, even has default drivers for it, don't bother with drivers from ATI website just a mess.

I have Hauppauge 500MCE -- it works fine with Vista.

ATI's TV Wonder are the best tuners but I am using Hauppauge because it has dual tuners.

I have 64-bit drivers for these cards but I have 32-bit machine currently so I haven't tested 64-bit.

I am waiting for cablecard supporting tuners to released at the end of this month before going for 64-bit.

I am waiting for cablecard supporting tuners to released at the end of this month before going for 64-bit.

I wonder if Vista will support CI DVB-S/S2 tuners.

I have a TV tuner card that I am using with Windows Vista x64. It is a PowerColor Theater 550 Pro ( PCI-e version) but it is really a rebranded ATI card. You don't even have to install a driver for it under Vista; it has out of the box support.

I would highly recommend it. Video is very nice too.

I wonder if Vista will support CI DVB-S/S2 tuners.

To be supported the in the version after Vista. Although DVB-T is already supported.

BTW, Curious how do you get DVB-CI/S2 in New York?

To be supported the in the version after Vista. Although DVB-T is already supported.

BTW, Curious how do you get DVB-CI/S2 in New York?

Dish Network uses the DVB-S2 standard, IIRC.