Wraps come off the new McLaren

deh0715ja26.jpg

McLaren have unveiled their 2007 challenger at an official launch ceremony in Spain. The MP4-22 was revealed to the press at Valencia’s Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias on Monday afternoon.

deh0715ja183.jpg

On hand to witness the car’s debut were the men who will race it, world champion Fernando Alonso and Formula One newcomer Lewis Hamilton, plus McLaren test drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett.

deh0715ja16.jpg

“The MP4-22 looks fantastic,” said Alonso. “Obviously we need to check how the car is from inside, as in how it performs, however from the outside it is without a doubt the best looking car I have ever driven.

deh0715ja18.jpg

“There are a lot of new things to take into account this year, not just my new team but changes to the regulations and the switch to Bridgestone tyres. So we have a lot to do, there are many things I have to learn from McLaren and them about me also. I cannot wait to get my hands on the car and start this process.”

McLaren hope the new car will put them back in contention for the world championship after a disappointing 2006 campaign saw them fail to win a race for the first time in a decade.

deh0715ja36.jpg

The MP4-22 will make its test debut at Valencia on Wednesday.

Source

Moto GP is boring.

:laugh:

I do wonder why people comment in threads of things they don't like...just to cause a stir I suppose :whistle:

I do wonder why people comment in threads of things they don't like...just to cause a stir I suppose :whistle:

generally, people just like to be borderline trolls.

I do wonder why people make off topic comments in threads... and ones a mod! :whistle:

Ha ha I know, I only said Moto GP is boring to annoy him :laugh:. I hate the way people make sweeping statements like that when there is no need for it.

I agree, 4 new cars have been unveiled already.

I think we will let Paul or Devilhead_santish do it, they are F1 addicts :p.

Fernando+Mclaren vs Kimi+Ferrari. Can't want for 2007 season. OT IMO Nascar is most boring, few hundred oval laps? no thanks.

Indeed, If my Uni exams permit time wise i'm hoping to take a trip to monaco for a race :)

Be nice to see the thing in person :)

Wither Alonso wins again, i don't know. We'll need to see how the cars perform and how the drivers take to their new cars/tyres. Its anyones guess at the moment.

Yeah my comment wasnt F1 related but I opened it because I was intrigued by the car and it does look cool...I really want to get into Motor sports this year because my Uncle lives near Brands Hatch and might want to see some so gotta be up with the drivers and car/bikes :D

Yeah my comment wasnt F1 related but I opened it because I was intrigued by the car and it does look cool...I really want to get into Motor sports this year because my Uncle lives near Brands Hatch and might want to see some so gotta be up with the drivers and car/bikes :D

Some good Touring Car action at Brands Hatch.