Vick Had Bottle With Secret Compartment At Airport

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was discovered at Miami International Airport allegedly carrying a water bottle with a hidden compartment, Miami's NBC6.com reported Wednesday.

Vick was going through the Concourse G screening point to board an AirTran flight when officials said he was reluctant to give up his bottle of water.

Airport officials said that it was a 20 oz. Aquafina bottle and the bottle's label concealed a seam, which separated the top and the bottom of the bottle.

Both ends were sealed by clear partitions and what appeared to be a silicone sealant, TSA supervisors said.

The concealed compartment contained a small amount of a dark particulate and officials described a pungent aroma they closely associated with marijuana.

Officials said that the lower half of the bottle was almost completely full of a clear liquid and the top half contained a small amount of that same clear liquid.

TSA officials said that when the bottle was held upright, it appeared to be half full of water.

A TSA screener identified the man who was reluctant to give up the bottle as Vick.

Miami-Dade police have received flight reservation confirmation that Vick was on an AirTran flight No. 338 Wednesday to Atlanta.

Vick has not been arrested and the substance found inside the bottle is being analyzed at a Miami-Dade Police Department lab.

News Source: WTAE TV

what a dumba** Typical for a "celeb" to think he/she could get away with something like that.

If these idiots would spend as much time working to change the laws, as they do trying to avoid

detection, maybe the marijuana laws would be changed.

I actually have the same bottle that he was probably using. I've gone through the airport on many occasions without it ever being noticed. Oh, and no, I don't carry drugs in it. I carry gummy bears, just to mess with security.

I actually have the same bottle that he was probably using. I've gone through the airport on many occasions without it ever being noticed. Oh, and no, I don't carry drugs in it. I carry gummy bears, just to mess with security.

The cops aren't stupid. They know that gummies are a gateway substance.

The cops aren't stupid. They know that gummies are a gateway substance.

Okay, Fred, that comment really made my night. Laughing my head off here, just at the silliness.

Gummy bears?? So that's what they are calling Ecstasy now-a-days.

**update**

Report: Vick water bottle didn't contain marijuana

January 21, 2007

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick wasn't carrying marijuana when stopped by security last week at Miami International Airport, ESPN reported Sunday.

Citing anonymous NFL sources, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Vick wasn't carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance. The ESPN report also cited an anonymous Falcons source, who said the team expects to hear something formal by Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wouldn't comment on the report. He told The Associated Press the league had received no information on the issue.

Falcons team spokesman Reggie Roberts told the AP the team had not heard anything and did not know the origin of the ESPN report.

Vick did not return a call.

Last Wednesday, Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at the Miami airport. He was not arrested and was allowed to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.

The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the police report said.

Miami police have said it could take weeks to decide whether to file charges.

Mortenson is money in the bank :p

Falcons' Vick won't face criminal charges

By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer

January 22, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick won't face criminal charges over a suspicious bottle he tried to bring through security at Miami International Airport.

Lab tests on the bottle, which contained a hidden compartment that police suspected may have contained marijuana, found no evidence of drugs, according to a memo Monday by Deisy Rodriguez, an assistant state attorney.

"Based on the lab's findings, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is not filing criminal charges," Rodriguez said in the memo, adding the bottle is no longer considered evidence in an investigation.

The 26-year-old player was forced to surrender the bottle when he attempted to take it through airport security last Wednesday. He was not arrested and went on to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.

A police report said the bottle appeared from the outside to contain water but had a compartment behind the label. That compartment contained a "small amount of dark particulate" and an odor consistent with marijuana, the report said. Monday's memo did not say what the material was.

Police had also said last week the lab analysis could take several weeks. The decision not to prosecute followed a weekend report by ESPN based on anonymous sources that Vick was not carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance when he was stopped.

Possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor under Florida law, punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. First offenders rarely do jail time.

^ Well hopefully he stays out of trouble now and doesn't refuse to discard water bottles going on flights. I am curious to know what was in the compartment of the water bottle though.

^ Well hopefully he stays out of trouble now and doesn't refuse to discard water bottles going on flights. I am curious to know what was in the compartment of the water bottle though.

Yea i'd like to know also. The first thing that comes to my mind might be that it was a supplement he had in the container to mix on the flight or something. Who knows...weird situation though.

You have to right now, according to TSA reg's. That whole liquid bomber out of England got them all worked up, so you can't bring any liquids on the plane, unless they're small in size, I think like 8 ounces.

judging by the special treatment celebrities and sports players get these days, I would guess that it was probably marijuana. I mean, how wrong could the initial impression have been? I mean what the hell smells like pot that isn't pot?

judging by the special treatment celebrities and sports players get these days, I would guess that it was probably marijuana. I mean, how wrong could the initial impression have been? I mean what the hell smells like pot that isn't pot?

I have to agree. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but something was in that water bottle and with the special treatment of celebrities it makes me wonder if this is just another example.

Pot isn't exactly steriods though. I mean, how many chances did Ricky Williams get before coming to the CFL? (thats actually a question as I don't know)

The first thing that comes to my mind might be that it was a supplement he had in the container to mix on the flight or something.

Maybe it was pot-flavored. :p

Pot's still illegal no matter how much of it you use.

Williams failed drug tests, and was suspended by the league, quit, came back, and still had to serve his suspension, then played a couple of games, then failed his fourth drug test, which was a full year suspension...so he went to the Minor League football that is the CFL. He got as many 'chances' as anyone else who gets caught taking drugs.

but Vick didn't get caught w/ drugs and has never failed a drug test....

You have to right now, according to TSA reg's. That whole liquid bomber out of England got them all worked up, so you can't bring any liquids on the plane, unless they're small in size, I think like 8 ounces.

Worse, 3 ounces is the largest you can have. And your liquids all have to fit in a quart-sized ziplock storage bag. I just went through it over Xmas. If you have more than what fits in the bag (but all under 3 oz capacities) then you have to get a locker or surrender the items.