[C++] Problems Linking to CZipArchive

Question

I'm trying to use CZipArchive, I managed to get it to compile into an existing project eventually, but whenever I opened a Zip, it always returned the file count as 0.

So now I'm trying to get the Zip functionality working in a brand new project, but I can't get it to compile. I've followed the instructions here.

But when compiling I get the following error:

main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CZipArchive::Open(

Here's my code:

#include "ZipArchive.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	CZipArchive zip;
	zip.Open(_T("c:\\test.zip"));
	//zip.ExtractFile(0, _T("c:\\"));  
	zip.Close(); 
}

I've linked to th libary in project settings and set the library path, but it doesn't seem to find it. Does anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

4 answers to this question

Add the .cpp file to your project.

I've added the whole of the CZipArchive project to the solution, but it makes no difference, it still can't seem to find the library.

1) be sure that the lib is added to both debug & release project settings, or, alternatively, use

#pragma comment(lib, "yourlibname") here.

2) This just seems to be a zlib wrapper, be sure to link against zlib also.

1) be sure that the lib is added to both debug & release project settings, or, alternatively, use

#pragma comment(lib, "yourlibname") here.

2) This just seems to be a zlib wrapper, be sure to link against zlib also.

1) Is in both settings and I've trued #pragma comment(lib,"ZipArchive.lib") as well, no difference.

2) The sourc includes the Zlib source as well, so do I still need to link against zlib?

Thanks for help :)