Wembley

It may have took a long, long, long time...but the new stadium is nearly finished. The FA Cup Final in May will (hopefully) be the first game held there, and I imagine millions of people will be tuning in on TV to see Wembley's "baptism".

aerial_shot_blue.jpg

There was a nice video on the BBC site here, which I thought I would also share.

Undoubtedly it is going to be the best stadium in the world. Amazing don't you think?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/

It may have took a long, long, long time...but the new stadium is nearly finished. The FA Cup Final in May will (hopefully) be the first game held there, and I imagine millions of people will be tuning in on TV to see Wembley's "baptism".

aerial_shot_blue.jpg

There was a nice video on the BBC site here, which I thought I would also share.

Undoubtedly it is going to be the best stadium in the world. Amazing don't you think?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/

90,000 seats, all under cover (apparently it's the biggest stadium with entirely covered seating). The arch is big enough to drive a train through (not sure that you'd want to really), and the seats all have more leg room than the royal box in the old stadium.

Not worth ?750million though!

Not worth ?750million though!

?750 Mill? Pah. Small fry compared to the fiasco that is currently brewing up for the 2012 Olympics:no:o:

About Time. Hopefully 2012 won't be as big as a disaster (even though thats looking pretty bleak). Anyways, looks great, can't wait for a Man Utd vs Arsenal FA Cup Final there!

It looks alot better than I expected it too!!! Can't wait to see it in use.

Little bit of a shame matches aren't going to be in Cardiff anymore tho (its only bout 10miles away from me)

Until The new Texas Stadium is completed. 100k....then the New Giants stadium will probably top even that, if it's enclosed.

highly unlikely.. why would it need to be enclosed its the USA with great weather most of the year.

Until The new Texas Stadium is completed. 100k....then the New Giants stadium will probably top even that, if it's enclosed.

Well according to Wikipedia (Yeah I know may not be correct!) both of those stadiums will open with 80,000 - 85,000 with been able to be expanded to 100,000, so I think Wembley will be top for now.

highly unlikely.. why would it need to be enclosed its the USA with great weather most of the year.

For shade in the hot (40c +) Texas sun? And I hate to be the one to break it to you but, New York doesn't have great weather. They suffer from a climate similar to that of the UK.

Why they didn't just put in a running track is beyond me! Then 2012 wouldn't be looking so bleak! Considering that I have lived in the host borough for nearly 15 years, it gets you even more worried, and that before I even think about the increase in my council tax :angry:

Why they didn't just put in a running track is beyond me! Then 2012 wouldn't be looking so bleak! Considering that I have lived in the host borough for nearly 15 years, it gets you even more worried, and that before I even think about the increase in my council tax :angry:

running tracks in football stadiums spoil the atmosphere :(

• 2 months later...

The first England game at Wembley will be against Brazil. I would love to get tickets for that :).

The Football Association has announced that Brazil will be England's first opponents at the newly rebuilt Wembley on 1st June.

England have not played at Wembley in nearly seven years following Dietmar Hamann's strike gave Germany a European Championship qualifying win.

With the first match at the rebuilt stadium set to be a showpiece event, no less than the 2002 World Cup winners Brazil will provide England's opposition.

England have not played The Samba Boys since their 2002 World Cup meeting in the Far East with the last home game against the South Americans coming in May 2000.

"We're delighted to be able to announce that Brazil will be the first team to take on England at the new Wembley," FA chief executive Brian Barwick told The FA's website.

"It's a fantastic match to mark the team's return to the stadium after nearly seven years on the road around the country.

"Brazil featured in some memorable matches at the old Wembley. I'm confident there will be many new memories created there for England fans over the coming years."

England will have to be on their game against the skilful Brazilians as just five days later Steve McClaren's troops tackle Estonia in a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier.