Flight Simulator X on Xbox 360?

I was wondering a couple of days ago why Microsoft hasn't taken the advantage of the Xbox 360 for Flight Simulator X? I love Flight Simulator but I never have a decent PC to play any of them at the time of their release.

Any possibilities of getting Microsoft to consider this? Spartan_X?

I don't think there's enough buttons on a controller to work the simulator properly...

Maybe you could have a cursor on the screen that you can use to select the buttons on the dashboard, but that'd be unrealistic and stupid.

It has HD-DVD well that will be enough for FSX but I don't think controllers are not ready for it.

The HD-DVD doesn't play games, it's simply a drive for movies.

There is rumors of an HD-DVD bundled drive inside the X360, but (1) its just a rumor and (2) just because they come out with an HDDVD xbox, doesn't mean they'll drop support for the DVD9 games; sounds like a wonderful way to alienate customers if they do adopt a high amount of hddvd games.

Umm I guess you guys missed the memo. The 360 controller works just fine with the Sim. I use it on my computer over a joystick and it is surprisingly very nice and smooth and almost ever basic control works on the controller. All they would have to do for the 360 is enable a Keyboard function for the various commands.

This would be a great idea, i've thought of them doing this for quite a while, Xbox Live could be utilised to populate the airways and some kind of sync in with their maps service could maybe provide texctures that were more photorealistic, plus with Xbox Live yhou could get the real weather just as in the PC version.

it's possible but not probable... not ATM... :shiftyninja:

Grrr...I don't know if you are making me sad or putting my hopes up :p.

I want to play FSX with the nice graphics, but I can't do that on my X1400.

Are you talking about a version of Combat Simulator for Xbox 360? or are you just suggesting the PC version ?

how about both? with Live Anywhere support, online co-op and so and so... :happy: :yes:

btw, I'm just asking... :laugh: :rofl: :p

Yeah I can't picture playing Flight Simulator on a controller, heck it's odd enough using a keyboard/mouse. Controls would just be too big an issue for any type of "Simulation" flight games. Now if Microsoft released a flight controller that would be another story.

Man almost every post I make seems to go un-noticed for some reason no matter what it is. :(

But yea Combat Sim would be nice :p

how about both? with Live Anywhere support, online co-op and so and so... :happy: :yes:

Don't do that! You're like a rollercoaster of news :(

Make me a Hellbender game for the 360 and I'll be happy :p :D

-Spenser

• 5 years later...

I was wondering a couple of days ago why Microsoft hasn't taken the advantage of the Xbox 360 for Flight Simulator X? I love Flight Simulator but I never have a decent PC to play any of them at the time of their release.

I don't know if you are aware but Microsoft closed the door on Flight Simulator for good back in March. Their new flight simulator x replacement, Microsoft Flight, was an epic fail and that was the final nail in the coffin. A real shame if you ask me, but that's what happened. There will be no more MS Flight Simulator.

Personally, I think Microsoft should just make Flight Sim open source and give the code to the community so that it keeps being developed and updated.

Easy answer is the same answer why it was the last of the FS games and why the new one got canned as well.

People don't care abotu realistic flight sims anymore, especially non military ones, it's a small niche market with very little money to be made. sure they can make money, but compared to how much they make back compared to Halo, they're basically makign them game and ending up with zero.

I don't know if you are aware but Microsoft closed the door on Flight Simulator for good back in March. Their new flight simulator x replacement, Microsoft Flight, was an epic fail and that was the final nail in the coffin. A real shame if you ask me, but that's what happened. There will be no more MS Flight Simulator.

Personally, I think Microsoft should just make Flight Sim open source and give the code to the community so that it keeps being developed and updated.

I don't know if you are aware but you replied to a message posted in january 2007 :p close to six years ago lol

I'll admit i almost got caught too. But when i read about the HD-DVD drive for the 360 i checked the date of the post ;) BTW i pity anyone who bought the HD-DVD drive lol

Not a good first post for Cameron King Leonard. Useless bump of a six years old thread and used all caps.