Would clones have belly buttons?

This is insiped by the Did Adam & Eve have belly buttons thread.

I asking you if you think that clones would have belly buttons or not?

I personally think they wouldn't.

Of course they would :blink: . You still need them to grow up in a womb inside a female. So they need some sort of way for nutrients to reach the child.

???

A clone doesn't get implanted into a woman?

However in the place they will be grown, they would still need to be fed and what better way than the belly button :)

I would think so

Yes they would, but not for the reason above ;)

A clone is an exact replica of a particular human being, It is not selective about features...

I disagree

If we are talking the sci fi clone in a jar scenario then no they wouldnt, or at least not as we know them, if it pure genetics I imaging they would still have an umbilical cord of some kind attached, the belly button is the scar that is left when the umbilical cord is cut.

Yes they would, but not for the reason above ;)

A clone is an exact replica of a particular human being, It is not selective about features...

Would you care to explain why then?

Clones would need to grow in a womb just like any other baby at the moment. If it becomes possible to grow a baby outside the womb without a placenta and umbilical cord, we could have people created without belly buttons, clones or not.

Umm, I would Believe that clones would have belly buttons since it is primary means of delievering oxygenated and nutrient filled blood to the fetus. Its anatomically made that way unless you have tubes connected to other places in which fetus (like umm, connect it to the right ventricle that is in a way that it bypasses the pulmonory system (since its not developed until birth) So it may be possible to make a clone without a belly button, or have a belly button.

Or... You could have a magic hammock which creates clones without belly buttons (The Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors). ;)

Neztea