Glass in Fullscreen Windows?

MS definitely should have given an option or user preference for it. As there is such a big mix between people who like and dislike it. I hope someone finds a hack for it though. Even as someone mentioned before, the Aero standard (Aero with no transparency" would have looked MUCH better than the solid black.

One of Microsoft's main arguments was: "Most people still use a CRT monitor, and it blends well with the overscan area"
that's just plain BS. Even if you consider the hardware it takes to run vista smoothly, you would have to upgrade your old pc with an CRT soo much it would be cheaper to buy a new one. For many people goes new pc? new monitor.

so i would say about 90% of vista users will be on TFT.

What if you were MS .. go with age old CRT or focus on the now-a-days common TFT/LCD?

TFT all the way!

It's also BS that that was one of MS's main arguments.

What I can't understand is why in VB.Net 2005 when I use the VisualStyleRenderer to get the caption text when maximized, it is not white, it is black or blue or such? My app needs this value to alter a toolstrip, and so I have to stick to hard-coded values for now.

I don't mind the black-ness, but I think it would be nice to have an option (or a haxz0r) to not make the taskbar change to black. I only say this because when using XP and WindowBlinds, the titlebar changed to black, but the taskbar didn't, and depending on your background (ie: taskbar colour) it can look quite nice :)

-Rich-

OK, I'm pretty new at this type of things so if anyone can help me out I appreciate it. I downloaded resource hacker and opened the aeromssstyles file but I don't see where it says "variant or normal". On the left side it says string and if I click on it it opens to 1033.

If anyone can give some more precise instructions for newbies like me it would be most helpful!!

ARG!!!!! The link says the file is not available :( I was ready to go to...

EDIT: Nevermind, a refresh took care of it, downloading now...

IT WORKS, FRIGGIN SWEET!!!! THANKS!!!!!! NEOWIN ROCKS!

Edited by 92GTA