2/3 questions/advice

I live in New Delhi, India and I have a few questions:

1. What is the best TV to buy over here? Sony, LG, Samsung?

2. What is the best DVD Player to buy over here? Also is there any good DivX DVD Players available?

3. Are there any Digital Recording Devices available in India?

Thanks

Crazysah

1. Going by brand is not a good way to buy a TV. What's your budget? What size are you looking for?

2. Philips DVP5965K/98 is a good unit which will also upconvert DVD's to HD quality on the TV you wind up buying.

3. It would be best to go through your local cable/sat provider.

1. My budget is about 2 lakh rupees which is roughly about 4500$. Around 40-46 inches.

2. Does that one also play DivX files? Also is there a good Sony one?

3. My local cable/sat provider dosen't provide a Digital Video Recorder. Thats why I am asking.

Or what is the best device.. I can use over here in India to:

Get video files from my computer to play on my TV? Also will that work will HD content that I have on my computer?

2. Agreed on the PHL Dvd Player would be the best choice...

I say that the dvd is mainly not an issues if you planning to use it eslewhere. If you have a computer nearby you can easily make a dvd player compatible to play. Although there are some dvd players out there that wont play anything at all. The phillips is a good price and best compatible to many files. I wouldn't go with any sony dvd player out in the market right now because it's as simple as it sounds. There are many returns on the Sony dvd players. I know because I work at Circuit City and they rule. Just Kidding...haha

Or what is the best device.. I can use over here in India to:

Get video files from my computer to play on my TV? Also will that work will HD content that I have on my computer?

There are devices that would do just what you need but the easiest and more simply is the compatible of your television and the right monster cable connected provided from any retail store or online. Most computer now adays will allow you to have component or vga feed from the PC to your HD televsion since you mention you have HD content as a source and looking for a new television.