Can't watch youtube videos in IE7

Everytime I go to watch a video on You tube I get this message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.

Here's a screenshot:

post-136502-1170101594_thumb.jpg

I have the latest verison of flash and as far as I know I have javascript enable. I've search some other forums and found people with the same problem (I don't know if there were using Vista or XP) and tried what they did and nothing has worked. Youtube works fine in Firefox and when the videos are embedded in websites. I think its a problem with detecting which verison of flash I have because I've been to other websites that require flash it says that I need to update to the latest verison of Flash.

Does anyone know how to fix this? (Don't just say use firefox because I use IE7 a lot in Vista)

i have the same problem, but it was after yesterday that i applied those new patches maybe that its causing problem, i dont know what to do, maybe we need a new flash version for vista, and for instance ie7 and flash at vista can load youtube before, after yesterday it only appear this i dont know how can i fix it =/

update: here its the solution

Go to C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, and run FlashUtil9b.exe

it was easy anyways adobe need to update their flash plugin fast

Edited by eilegz

Had that problem last year. What I did was go to Adobe Troubleshooting site and download a Flash Uninstaller app. And then redownload a clean fresh version of Flash and install it.

Although the above didn't do teh trick for me (had to format HDD in the end), it most likely should fix yours. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I also had the same problem, but the unistall from abobe's site and then clean install FIXED IT for me!!!

My comp has been infected by a virus vundo - very unpleasant one and for 3 days I've been sweating on the keyboard. It cased a bunch of my dll files to get infected, corrupted, or missing...... So, this FIX was more than pleasant for me - really the best comp experience the last 3 days!!

Thank you for posting this. I also signed up just to leave feedback! :-))

• 7 months later...

I hav IE08 and have adobie flash player updated and javascript on and still can not watch videos on youtube or any other site. I have windows xp