.MSI deploy in network environment

Hello People,

Can anybody show me a site or advise me on how to deploy .MSI (Windows installer) file into a bunch of computers connected into a workgroup?

I am using a Windows XP SP2 for this purpose.

Moreover, how to edit the customizations for each application installed through this method? I downloaded a Skypesetup.msi and want to disable the FILE TRANSFER function (the skype site claimed that it's workable, but doesnt show how).

Thank You

In a workgroup? If you're in a domain environment, you can push MSI packages out through Group Policy. But in a workgroup... You'll probably have to find a third-party solution.

I didn't know it was possible in a workgroup environment. At work we use SMS 2003. Maybe it can achieve what you want but I doubt it. Also SMS isn't cheap.

I didn't know it was possible in a workgroup environment. At work we use SMS 2003. Maybe it can achieve what you want but I doubt it. Also SMS isn't cheap.

SMS requires you to have a domain. It won't work with workgroups.

How many computers is "a bunch of computers in a workgroup"? :huh: A single server doesn't cost that much, and if you have over 100 workstations, you'll likely have a few servers already.

theres not a cost effective way to push out a package to a workgroup, gotta get a domain setup OR just install it on everyones machine manually at night