[EPL] Liverpool sold

That Voronin is crap, I cant see why we have gone after him to be honest. I would rather have Fowler, who still scores when you play him and has genuine passion for Liverpool or Sinama Pongolle as our 4th striker.

Seems Skysports confirms it...well the agent does...makes it interesting about Fowlers future

I think Fowler will leave Liverpool at the end of the season. I think he might go to America like Beckham has, or simply retire from football. He does not really need the money, as he has made a lot of investments throughout his career.

Liverpool legend.

Edited by Martyn

woo, fav hockey and soccer team under one owner (and 2-1 aggy on barce today :) )

and i hope fowler does leave, effin cry baby "i don't get enough playing time" goes to man city and his career takes a dump.

and they need to play crouch more...

and i hope fowler does leave, effin cry baby "i don't get enough playing time" goes to man city and his career takes a dump.

Erm...what are you on about? When has Fowler said that recently, he just knuckles down and gets on with things such is his love for Liverpool, he never wanted to leave Liverpool in the first place, Houllier just forced him out. If Fowler had remained fit and stayed at Liverpool then I could of seen him overtaking Rush in terms of goals for the club. Oh, and when he played for Man City and Leeds he did well. Fowler is a Liverpool legend, and if you do not think that then you are not a Liverpool fan.

I thought the reason he left because of the "line" on the pitch.

You mean when he sniffed the touchline to get back at all those people who called him a crack head? That was against Everton as well! Legend. No he left because Houllier liked to use Heskey and Owen up front and he knew he could get a lot of money for Fowler, so in the end he forced him out. By the way, see if you can get hold of his autobiography, it is a great read :).

Erm...what are you on about? When has Fowler said that recently, he just knuckles down and gets on with things such is his love for Liverpool, he never wanted to leave Liverpool in the first place, Houllier just forced him out. If Fowler had remained fit and stayed at Liverpool then I could of seen him overtaking Rush in terms of goals for the club. Oh, and when he played for Man City and Leeds he did well. Fowler is a Liverpool legend, and if you do not think that then you are not a Liverpool fan.
You mean when he sniffed the touchline to get back at all those people who called him a crack head? That was against Everton as well! Legend. No he left because Houllier liked to use Heskey and Owen up front and he knew he could get a lot of money for Fowler, so in the end he forced him out. By the way, see if you can get hold of his autobiography, it is a great read :).

Exactly...

Robbie is a legend...when offered to return to LFC he jumped at it, nearly bit Rafas arm off at the offer. He has had his ups and downs in and out of footy; but he has always loved the club, even after the way Houllier and Thommo treated him. Would like to think that he will finish his career with Liverpool...and I dream here, but i would love nothing more than to see him score his last goal in front of the Kop in his last game...

I just thought I would share the official email I received from the club :).

club-0207-crest.gif

The Liverpool Football Club

& Athletic Grounds Plc

Anfield Road, Liverpool L4 0TH

Tel: 0151263 2361 Fax: 0151260 8813

www.liverpoolfc.tv

23 February 2007

Dear Supporter,

Re: Acquisition of Liverpool Football Club.

This month has seen an important milestone in the history of Liverpool Football Club following the announcement that Mr. George Gillett and Mr. Tom Hicks have acquired the majority shareholding of our Chairman, David Moores.

As we embark on a new and exciting era at Liverpool, I feel it is important that I write to you as a supporter to explain the decision behind the takeover, as well as sharing some initial thoughts on how we intend to move forward from here.

The search for the right investor has been an exhaustive process. The recent developments were the culmination of almost three years' intensive activity to secure a partner that would respect and uphold the traditions of a unique "football institution". From the start, this was our unequivocal goal. Allied to this, any prospective partner also had to match our passion and commitment to winning trophies. The approach from George Gillett and Tom Hicks demonstrated these qualities in abundance. "Success breeds success" is a philosophy that runs right throughout Anfield and with the additional knowledge, resources and credibility that both George and Tom bring to the Club, I am convinced our enviable record of honours and silverware will continue to grow over the years to come.

From the perspective of ownership, I believe the future of the Club is in very safe hands. The Gillett and Hicks families possess a tremendous regard and admiration for the standing that Liverpool is privileged to hold in football - not just here in England, but throughout the world. To them, our virtues, heritage and culture are precious assets that will help to inspire everyone connected with us to continue to strive for further success - both on and off the field. And yet in many ways the new acquisition spells "business as usual". Both George and Tom have expressed a tremendous faith and confidence in the people and resources that serve the Club so well, and I know that I speak for everyone in expressing my delight that David Moores has agreed to become Honorary Life - President, retaining a seat on the Board of Directors.

From the team perspective, funds will be made available for the manager to further strengthen what is already an excellent playing squad. In tandem with this, building work will start very soon on our new stadium complex in Stanley Park - the first tangible sign of the financial commitment and expertise in the construction and management of world-class sporting arenas that George and Tom provide.

In conclusion, I have every confidence that the time-honoured values of Liverpool Football Club will remain under careful stewardship as we eagerly anticipate the next chapter in our remarkable history. By the same token, I very much hope the Club can rely on the truly unique and outstanding support it is privileged to receive from all our supporters in the UK and around the world. It is on your incredible loyalty that Liverpool's success and reputation has been built.

If you have any questions or thoughts over the coming weeks, please do not hesitate to feed back to me via our Customer Services Department at customerservices@liverpoolfc.tv

Yours sincerely,

club-0207-parrysig.jpg

Rick Parry

Chief Executive, Liverpool Football Club

• 1 month later...
The takeover officially went through today...

Hicks and Gillett now own 98.6% of the club, which means they can compulsary buy the remaining shares.

Cool...any word on the new stadium? I heard they wanted to increase the capacity even before it was built

Cool...any word on the new stadium? I heard they wanted to increase the capacity even before it was built

Well Hicks and Gillett are getting the architects who did the stadiums in the USA to have a look at the current plans for the stadium, to see if any improvements could be made. Which is a good thing :).

yeah i hope gillette keeps anfield. Gillette is all about the fans, it is clear to anyone who follows the canadiens. He is going to be an awesome owner.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i hope gillette keeps anfield. Gillette is all about the fans, it is clear to anyone who follows the canadiens. He is going to be an awesome owner.

There is no way that we can keep anfield and move onwards as a club. The capacity is not there and there is no where to expand. Much as we all would love to stay at anfield it is just not possible.

As for Fowler, hows this.....

85th minute of the champions league final against the scum in athens, on comes fowler and scores to make it 1-0 to the mighty LFC, we become 6 times champions and fowler retires even more of a hero than he is already. When does he get his sainthood??

As for Fowler, hows this.....

85th minute of the champions league final against the scum in athens, on comes fowler and scores to make it 1-0 to the mighty LFC, we become 6 times champions and fowler retires even more of a hero than he is already. When does he get his sainthood??

So true :p! I was trying to work out what would be better the other day; a 90th minute Fowler winner in Athens or a 90th minute Gary Neville own goal :laugh:.