Close windows button and Internet Explorer

Question

hi guys, im just learning my way around javascript, and doing my first real site, so i've come to ask for your help

i have a site that uses some scripts, so when i first open it, IE7 asks me to enable activex or scripts or something like that. after i do that, all is fine, all the scripts are inside the same window

when i reach one section with fotos, i click the thumbnails and the full image pop's up. Inside that new page i have a script to close the window without confirmation, and that script is working fine. However, when that popup appears, i have to enable scripts again, that nasty yellow bar from IE comes back to life...

so the question is: can i stop that IE's request to run scripts on the popup? its a huge amount of popups, so i can really be clicking 'allow' on all them

please help me out :)

the popup opener script is (dreamweaver default)

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0

window.open(theURL,winName,features);

}

and here's the link, its an image map

<area shape="rect" coords="73,97,146,149" href="java script:;" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('images/covers/cover01.html','','width=700,height=530')" />

i've been messing with window.open, but i couldnt do anything :(

and here's the closing script on the popup (its like this just to avoid confirmation from IE)

function NoConfirm ()

{

win = top;

win.opener = top;

win.close ();

}

thanks in advance.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet