windows dreamscene released

Newest Ati drivers have problems and Dreamscene crashes.

And the CPU usage is huge!

I bet ATi and Nvidia need to program there drivers for this to work in hardware.

Yes, and NVidia 8800 cards do not work with this either! :(

So this is not "Aero Diamond"?

lol, aero diamond is not just animated desktop. it doesnt exist but loads of dumb people said the final version of vista would have aero diamond which is basically an entirely vector based user interface, so it would be entirely scalable.

can someone please post or PM a place where i can get the demo .dreme of the street with puddles and the water drops hitting the puddles?

The same place where no one else can get a copy :whistle:

I updated over the leaked early build...no problems.

About the same performance :blink: ...still not impressed :no:

LEAKED?????!!!!!!

lol, didnt think i was going to find you again ??? lol

just kiddin ... its almost like a game now

cya friend

Woohoo! Another useless Windows Vista feature... If only Windows 3.1 was still there to witness Vista's unlimited capabilities.

Retard, use another OS then. You remind me of a five year old

Oooooh new video - yellow and green aurora. My Racoon vid disappeared tho!

Performance still rubbish on latest nVidia drivers.

I agree. With the 59s installed on my 8800GTX SLI configuration it still uses nearly 30% cpu all the time. Granted, my cpu is an x2 4400+, but it doesn't seem that it should be that high given that the bulk of the dreamscene content should be handled by the video card. Keeping my fingers crossed for some solid drivers at the end of the month.

It is called DeskScapes...and it is now available here.

Actually, no. It's a repackage of Dreamscene. All it basically seems to do AT MOST, is package movies into it's own proprietary format. Basically this is the StyleXP of Dreamscene, nothing more, nothing less. When I actually see the stuff that they advertised, for instance, the transitions from wallpaper to wallpaper, then I'll be a little bit more impressed... Until then, this is a blatant ripoff of an already awful product.

-Edit-

I stand corrected, Dream "maker" packages the movies, Deskscapes is .. well.. aside from playing .dream files, it doesn't appear to do much of anything else.

DeskScapes will allow dynamic content to be used as well as other features, so it's an enhancement not a "repackage".

* Extends Windows DreamScene to support Dynamic/Live content

* Adds support for the .Dream format

* Displays author info/URL in the desktop background dialog

* Supports triggers (change videos based on time, weather, etc.)

* Is only available for Windows Vista Ultimate Users

* Is free

http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=140735

DeskScapes will allow dynamic content to be used as well as other features, so it's an enhancement not a "repackage".

* Extends Windows DreamScene to support Dynamic/Live content

* Adds support for the .Dream format

* Displays author info/URL in the desktop background dialog

* Supports triggers (change videos based on time, weather, etc.)

* Is only available for Windows Vista Ultimate Users

* Is free

http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=140735

So where is it? All that stuff sounds nice, but NONE of it is in Deskscape at the moment, and damn does the fanboyism smell around here....

lol, aero diamond is not just animated desktop. it doesnt exist but loads of dumb people said the final version of vista would have aero diamond which is basically an entirely vector based user interface, so it would be entirely scalable.

Um..Isn't that what it is now? Entirely vector based....

Not trying to rant and rave here, but honestly, this is really irritating.

* Extends Windows DreamScene to support Dynamic/Live content ~ Doesn't look like it, not a single option for that anywhere.

* Adds support for the .Dream format ~ Does that, however, it appears crippled at best, showing no preview of the movie file. It appears to just be the video file, and a file to display data about said video, in a locked propritary format.

* Displays author info/URL in the desktop background dialog ~ Does that too, I'll give it credit for that. Good feature.

* Supports triggers (change videos based on time, weather, etc.) ~ Where? That'd be nice. It doesn't even look capable of doing such a thing..

* Is only available for Windows Vista Ultimate Users ~ Yep, because Dreamscene is.

* Is free ~ Yep

Honestly, where is the product they said they would release. Where is the support for dynamic content? Where is the transitional effects that take little or no CPU speed...?

(Talking about Deskscape, not to be confuse with Dreamscene.)

So where is it? All that stuff sounds nice, but NONE of it is in Deskscape at the moment, and damn does the fanboyism smell around here....

And your anti-Stardockism stinks even worse you hypocrite. Stardock owes you absolutely nothing, they offer you something for free and all you can do is bash them. Get a grip dude. You aren't forced to use any Stardock products, so just chill out and stay out.

I don't get it. I have used Windowblonds and OD for a few years now. Frogboy says that Deskcapes will be a part of OD, but yet he says it's free? OD cost me about ?20 per year. How can this be?

Also has anyone downloaded the preview version of dreamscene yet? It doesn't sound like a final version.

DeskScapes will officially launch later this evening, and there will be an official announcement about it then which should answer some questions being raised.