AutoPatcher Vista February 2007

PsiMoon314,

Once I get my desktop up and running (still haven't replaced the dead psu) I'll try to write some quick guide.

The current build of 5.6 that Blaze has only sees "MCE" but cannot tell which version (2002, 2004, 2005). I'll be adding the code from OSDetect to AP56 once the desktop is revived ;)

Office is supported (at least the products and version I was able to test).

Hi,

@nw_rapter, @blazingangel

Thanks guys, would appreciate the documentation on the OS and similar detection changes so we can get started writing all of those lovely modules for XP MCE and Office.

Does the Office detection extend to which Office packages are installed e.g. Word 2002 or is it just the "Office" level?

Kind Regards

Simon

^ Thank you very much, but we have the detection ready now :)

hmmmmmm

POLISH [1045] Vista;

autopatcher.log:

AutoPatcher 5.6 loaded the filesystem.

Detected English (1033) Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

System Components:

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386

Windows Media Player: 11.0.6000.6324

.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.312

Windows Installer: 4.0.6000.16386

MSN/Live Messenger:

Office Components:

Microsoft Word:

Microsoft Excel:

Microsoft PowerPoint:

Microsoft Outlook:

Microsoft Access:

Microsoft Project:

Microsoft Publisher:

Microsoft OneNote:

Microsoft FrontPage:

Microsoft InfoPath:

Microsoft Visio:

hmmmmmm

POLISH [1045] Vista;

autopatcher.log:

AutoPatcher 5.6 loaded the filesystem.

Detected English (1033) Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

System Components:

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386

Windows Media Player: 11.0.6000.6324

.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.312

Windows Installer: 4.0.6000.16386

MSN/Live Messenger:

Office Components:

Microsoft Word:

Microsoft Excel:

Microsoft PowerPoint:

Microsoft Outlook:

Microsoft Access:

Microsoft Project:

Microsoft Publisher:

Microsoft OneNote:

Microsoft FrontPage:

Microsoft InfoPath:

Microsoft Visio:

Marcin, is it *really* Polish Vista, or is it English Vista + Polish MUI? If it's just Polish MUI, then AutoPatcher actually was correct, as MUI packs just change the UI language, not the system language. An English Vista + Polish MUI would actually require English patches.

Now, if it's *really* Polish Vista, it's a bit weird that it reports English.

I think i know why that happened... Vista is really only English and all the localized versions are made using languages packs. I tested it in a PTG version and it loads and installs the ENU files, not the PTG ones.

With Vista, we have only two files for every hotfix: x86 and x64. They don't depend on the language of the OS.

Eg: Windows6.0-KB931573-x86.msu and Windows6.0-KB931573-x64.msu.

Marcin, is it *really* Polish Vista, or is it English Vista + Polish MUI? If it's just Polish MUI, then AutoPatcher actually was correct, as MUI packs just change the UI language, not the system language. An English Vista + Polish MUI would actually require English patches.

Now, if it's *really* Polish Vista, it's a bit weird that it reports English.

it is polish , not MUI instaled, It is new PC [not mine :(]

Edited by Marcin.Riki

With Vista, we have only two files for every hotfix: x86 and x64. They don't depend on the language of the OS.

Eg: Windows6.0-KB931573-x86.msu and Windows6.0-KB931573-x64.msu.

polish 1045:

Detected English (1033) Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

1 AutoPatcher for all language ? , only addons or components other ?

in AutoPatcher windows use UFT-8 , but polish ąśźćż not work

and this verion is unoficjal, this is unoficjal forever ? like AutoPatcher v6 ?

post-119829-1172263966_thumb.jpg

As I said before, now Vista is English and all the localized versions are Vista ENU + Localized. For my experience, Vista PTG = Vista ENU + PTG Language. It's detected as Windows Vista ENU (1033).

raptor is going to solve that AutoPatcher detection, so that it will look for the LCID used by the user.

AutoPatcher 5.6 has the same problem that before: you can't use UTF-8 characters in modules names, only in details, in the language file, etc.

No, we have a special tool that will make the version official.

Now mirrored on http://autopatcher.fbdn.net

Although people may have trouble accessing the mirror within the next 15mins or so as im doing some software updates on the server.

Edit: The updates to my server should now be completed and the mirror should now be available.

Edited by dragon2611

it is polish , not MUI instaled, It is new PC [not mine :(]

Same issues with Italian Release... I must use 1033 code becouse with 1040 (Italian language) it doesn't work...

Marcin and dkdk... As gandolas said, it seems that Microsoft had finally got rid of language-dependent patches, and instead ships international versions as English + localized MUI. This means that we no longer need to ship different releases for Vista... The english one will do :) Of course, we still need to have translated title and descriptions (though titles are still not UTF8).

I have added the following properties to the AP 5.6 module format:

Title_LCID

Description_LCID

Example:

Title=English title

Title_1032=Greek title

AutoPatcher will attempt to matcht he title to the UI language. In my case, AutoPatcher loads up with the Greek translation (1032). If Title_1032 is found, it will be loaded.

Since raptor made that new feature, i need that the translators PM me with the lines Name and Description of the parent modules (Critical, Non Critical, Components, Add Ons and Tweaks so that i can create just one parent module for all the languages.

I did it already for the Vista modules.

thinks that can removed from the patcher - googletoolbar and flash for ff, opera... i think that has nothing to do to patch ms applications.

under x64 i saw the 32 bit java too. 1.6 is integrated but can anyone tell me the runtime engine from the jdk7.

hope u will add the new patch from today which dont come with windows update.

is there any solution that i can add the ultimate extras in the setup?

1. Yes, they aren't related to Microsoft applications, but they won't be removed. We don't discriminate people that don't use IE.

2. Java 32 bits is both on Windows Vista 32 and 64 bits because there are non 64 bits browsers (eg: Firefox, Opera, etc.).

3. About today's hotfix, as you can see here, it's not a public hotfix:

Hotfix information

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Windows Vista service pack that contains this hotfix.

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

4. You can add the extras as a module, as long as you know the needed information (for creating a module).