Brock Lesnar In Talks With UFC

Former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar is now in talks with UFC. We are not sure on how serious the negotiating process is; however Lesnar has been training for quite some time to debut for Japan?s K-1 MMA promotion. So far no fights have been officially announced. We will certainly have more on this story as it comes available to us.

Source: PWMania.com

What a joke. If he does get signed, i pray to got he gets thrown in with Cro Cop:laugh:h:

For those who dont know who he is, heres a picture...

BrockLesnar.jpg

Yes, I read somewhere too that he was training with Gracie. Who knows what chance he has. Either way, his "fame" with the WWE has potential for a good pay day for the UFC.

Quick update..

source: PWInsider

According to sources close to the situation, former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar will be making his long awaited MMA debut soon.

As we reported earlier, Lesnar is currently negotiating with UFC but has been training with K-1 in Japan. Currently, Lesnar is scheduled to make his debut fight for K-1 offshoot HEROES on May 19th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Brock began training to become a MMA fighter once he left New Japan Pro Wrestling and made the decision not to return to WWE. Stay tuned to the site, as we will have more information in the coming weeks.

The following information is derived and rewritten from the Wrestling Observer newsletter. Subscription information is available at WrestlingObserver.com:

According to the Wrestling Observer newsletter, K-1 is looking to book a date in Las Vegas on May 19th with a MMA-main event bout between former NCAA two-time amateur wrestling champion and WWE superstar Brock Lesnar against K-1 star Choi-Hong-Man.

That's pretty much it for now, but with the Lesnar/MMA subject being a big question mark for such a long time, this seems to at least breathe some life to the topic. We'll see.

From mmanews.com

Not surprising since the UFC is trying to appeal to the SpikeTV demographic. It doesn't do anything to help legitimize their league against PFC.

I think they'd give Lesnar "easy" competition. They'd want to protect their investment.

If they pit Lesnar against Choi Hong-man in his first fight then they must not think much of Choi Hong-man's MMA ability. Sure he beat Bob Sapp, but that was K-1, and well, Bob Sapp kind of sucks. Lesnar would take Choi Hong-man to the ground immediately and any casual fan who tuned in specifically to watch that match will be disappointed because it's going to be a boring gimmicky ground affair.

That said, I hope Lesnar gets a worthwhile contract because he's going to be a marked man. Fighters will step up their game just to beat down a famous "pro-wrestler."

Can you imagine the ramifications this would have in the WWE if Lesnar faired poorly? Granted any reasonable person knows the WWE is fake, but they like to build their characters up to superhero status. One of their former greats losing in the UFC would not bod well on them or their entire industry.

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Bubba the Love Sponge today on Sirius satellite radio. Jagger K sent along the following highlights:

- Kurt briefly promoted this Sunday's PPV.

- Kurt said that Scott Steiner could not kick his a** in a shoot fight and Steiner knows it.

- A long discussion of Kurt's amateur and collegiate wrestling background where all his achievements were discussed.

- Kurt?s brother Eric works for a lighting company. Kurt said he was shafted and misdiagnosed by the doctors regarding the care he received for his arm injury.

- Bubba asked Kurt about Hogan, Big Show andTest and said he talked to TNA about them as well as Brock and Goldberg. Angle noted Vince is ripe for the picking. He said Wrestlemania is all about Vince and Trump. Kurt said he is desperate. Kurt said, "I can't say" regarding Jericho coming in and "no comment" regarding Jericho signing a TNA contract. Kurt also said that he never "lies" to Bubba.

- Kurt said he was "Mr. Put Em Over" when it came to WWE and lost more than he won.

- More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

- Played a clip of Dana White (UFC) where he called Kurt "full of sh**" when discussing his involvement in UFC and the chance that he could kick ass in UFC. White called Kurt "busted up". Kurt said Dana is mad because Kurt turned down UFC in favor of TNA and Dana wanted him exclusively. Angle claimed hat TNA is now beginning to talk to UFC again about him coming in. Kurt said he is torn between TNA and shoot fighting and which he wants to do more.

- Kurt said Randy Couture would train him for anything in UFC

- They discussed Randy Couture's UFC fight. Kurt said he and Randy is a fight everyone wants to see. Angle said he cannot say if he would beat him, but Kurt said he is a better wrestler and discussed more amateur accolades & said he is a lot better wrestler then Randy.

- Kurt said Dana White told Angle he cannot be in TNA and UFC at the same time so that is why the deal fell through but said Dana said Kurt would draw the biggest buyrate ever in UFC.

- Bubba called Dixie a great businesswoman and asked if Dixie would give him time off to train for UFC, Kurt said she said yes and now its up to Dana/UFC to say yes.

Angle said that Pro EliteXC and IFL both made him offers. Kurt plugged both as stock investments and that both companies are competition to UFC & Dana should reconsider getting Kurt involved.

- More UFC discussion & who Kurt would fight in UFC. One of Bubba's crew (Spice) asked Kurt when something would ever happen regarding MMA because Kurt has been talking this way for months. Kurt said when the time is right and he learns more styles he would be ready. They discussed Kurt fighting Mirko CroCop and how Kurt would fight him.

- Bubba finally brought the conversation back to TNA and the Destination X PPV. Bubba asked what day the PPV was. Kurt said Sunday then told Bubba to talk to Dana about him coming into UFC and agreed to a live conference call between him & Dana on Bubba's show.

- Kurt said TNA is important to him but he really wants to fight and Dixie Carter knows that.

- More UFC discussion. Kurt mentioned he told Vince he wanted to fight shoot and Vince said OK, but Kurt broke his neck.

- Spice asked Kurt if he would leave TNA for UFC. Kurt said he cannot because he is "The franchise of TNA" and gave Dixie his word.

- Kurt mentioned he would be UFC's biggest draw and that he is more known than any UFC fighter.

- They discussed how Kurt doing both UFC/TNA would be great for both companies but the ball is in Dana's court

- Ended the interview with Bubba (not Kurt) plugging the TNA PPV by only mentioning Angle/Steiner then right back to discussing Kurt in UFC.

- Kurt spent over 90% of the time discussing UFC and not TNA or the PPV.

Kurt would get owned first round...donno who he's kiddin:laugh:h:

He's either insane or gave that interview in character, and I doubt he's insane.

They discussed Kurt fighting Mirko CroCop and how Kurt would fight him Mirko CroCop would kill him.

He's either insane or gave that interview in character, and I doubt he's insane.

:laugh: yeah Mirko would destroy him because all Kurt likes to do is clinch slame and Mirko wouldnt allow it...

You people are underestimating Angle, and I don't know why. He was probably the only wrestler in the WWE that had true skill.

True, his standup game wont be that good. But I doubt you'd get anyone better than him in the UFC when the action comes to the ground.

You people are underestimating Angle, and I don't know why. He was probably the only wrestler in the WWE that had true skill.

True, his standup game wont be that good. But I doubt you'd get anyone better than him in the UFC when the action comes to the ground.

Yeah true he probably was the only WWE Wrestler who knew how to actually wrestle but I think if he is to suceed in UFC he needs to be trained for his stand up game or he will be destroyed thats the basic really...but would I like to see Kurt in UFC?...Yeah I think I would just to see if he can make the transition

i actually think he's gone slightly mad in the past few years.

i actually think he's gone slightly mad in the past few years.

Lying to the WWE to get a release is a start...we all knew TNA would behis destination but the way he left WWE stunk imo

1) He is steroided up beyond belief, WWE knew it, TNA knows it and Kurt seems to be in denial.

2) He now believes his own hype, and believes his own character.

3) He seems overly bitter with Vince/WWE in general.

4) He seems to be losing it slightly.

5) He would die in UFC. I mean that in no light way - he could get himself killed.

Another "ultimate warrior" in the making?

Yeah true he probably was the only WWE Wrestler who knew how to actually wrestle but I think if he is to suceed in UFC he needs to be trained for his stand up game or he will be destroyed thats the basic really...but would I like to see Kurt in UFC?...Yeah I think I would just to see if he can make the transition

Yeah, he probably hasnt got any boxing skills.

Lying to the WWE to get a release is a start...we all knew TNA would behis destination but the way he left WWE stunk imo

Lying about what? And I forgot how he left?

1) He is steroided up beyond belief, WWE knew it, TNA knows it and Kurt seems to be in denial.

2) He now believes his own hype, and believes his own character.

3) He seems overly bitter with Vince/WWE in general.

4) He seems to be losing it slightly.

5) He would die in UFC. I mean that in no light way - he could get himself killed.

Another "ultimate warrior" in the making?

I thought that there was a strict no-drugs policy after Guerrero's death.

He wouldn't "die". Hes so mad that he may kill his opponent.

Yeah, he probably hasnt got any boxing skills.

Lying about what? And I forgot how he left?

I thought that there was a strict no-drugs policy after Guerrero's death.

He wouldn't "die". Hes so mad that he may kill his opponent.

I think he said to WWE that he had problems at home with his family and thats why he wanted to leave it was one of many personal problems...but then 2 days later he arrives in Florida and signs with the rivals...

SportsIllustrated.com has added a detailed story today concerning the recent allegation of steroid/HGH sales at Florida's Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. Last week the story broke when a number of professional athletes were listed as customers. In today’s article Sports Illustrated lists TNA star Kurt Angle to the list of people being investigated. They write:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)"

Both of these drugs are steroids and were filled during the time he was in WWE.

Edited by Rappy

He has been named in a recent scandal as having been prescribed 2 types of steroids!

This was 2 years ago though.

I'm pretty sure hes now stopped using them, or he cant anyway because of the no-drug policies.

There's a few reasons why people aren't underestimating Kurt Angle. In my opinion he would get dominated in MMA because:

• Being an Olympic gold medalist in one discipline does not mean you will dominate in MMA. Look at Hidehiko Yoshida and Pawel Nastula. Kurt Angle is not well rounded. His skill set is limited to wrestling. Wrestling is about control, not defense of striking like BJJ, or anything striking in general.
  • How long has it been since Kurt Angle was wrestling competitively? He won the gold medal over 10 years ago. He's old.
  • He's already too beat up. Jumping through tables and landing on his head has taken its toll.

I'm not sure if you remember when Kurt Angle faced Daniel Pruder on Tough Enough. They were having a stagged match, Angle decided to do something unexpected and did a shoot on Pruder. Pruder returned the favour and easily put Angle in a Kimura. He could have broken his arm, and submitted him on television. If a guy like Pruder can do that to Angle...

There's a few reasons why people aren't underestimating Kurt Angle. In my opinion he would get dominated in MMA because:
  • Being an Olympic gold medalist in one discipline does not mean you will dominate in MMA. Look at Hidehiko Yoshida and Pawel Nastula. Kurt Angle is not well rounded. His skill set is limited to wrestling. Wrestling is about control, not defense of striking like BJJ, or anything striking in general.
  • How long has it been since Kurt Angle was wrestling competitively? He won the gold medal over 10 years ago. He's old.
  • He's already too beat up. Jumping through tables and landing on his head has taken its toll.

I'm not sure if you remember when Kurt Angle faced Daniel Pruder on Tough Enough. They were having a stagged match, Angle decided to do something unexpected and did a shoot on Pruder. Pruder returned the favour and easily put Angle in a Kimura. He could have broken his arm, and submitted him on television. If a guy like Pruder can do that to Angle...

I remember the Puder feud...I thought after that WWE would push it because it would of made an amazing storyline in the company...but maybe theres a chance in TNA seeing as Puder if I remember correctly is currently unemployed.

Brock, wish you luck pal. You'll need it. Is he a strong guy? Sure. Question is can he deliver a serious punch and can he take them. IMO, what the WWE does pain wise and the UFC is two completely different things. WWE pain isn't intended to hit someone many times to actually KO them. UFC/MMA does. And if the best MMA guy he fought and beat on any given night is RVD - the guy is going to get hurt.

As for Kurt, no drugs ....I'm not alwasy so sure. I give respect to Angle but with 5 neck surgeries and countless others, there's no way you wouldn't be walking around without taking some pain klillers or abusing a drug(s).

I think whatever happens to Angle, I hope the WWE starts respecting its athletes. Putting on less shows, giving them more rest (weeks not one or two days) between matches and doing less assanine stunts like ladder matches and cage matches (like what happened in Undertake vs ManKind), table matches might be a start. That match with Mankind should have been stopped, imo, its entertaining in only a sickly way like HTH did someone survive that???

As I've gotten a bit older and wiser, I've started to realize this and even if WWE remains entertaining and I haven't outgrown it, I won't watch it anymore because there's no respect for their athlete. The schedules are proof enough.

DrunkenMaster, I agree with you, except for placing total blame on the promotion. Pro-wrestlers are consenting adults, that is how they wish to make their living.

I'd rather see Alexander Karelin make the transition to MMA rather than Lesnar or Angle, even though he's pretty old now. That is one Olympian who I think could possibly have dominated the sport in his prime.