[rel] Mint 2.0

Hey -- I saw someone posted the new BMP icon for this style, which has the Windows logo in it. I'd love to use this, but was wondering how I go about doing so? I Googled 'changing Start BMP' and found a way using Resource Hacker, but my question is if I'm changing 'explorer.exe', which theme does this effect? How do I get it to change only for the Mint theme?

Ideas?

Thanks and AWESOME visual style.

The VS is great, but the Winamp theme that comes along with it has a few problems. The Media Library isn't skinned and it looks bad with it opened. Any chance you could possibly fix this?

• 1 month later...

There is a problem with this, otherwise excellent theme:

Common tasks pane in windows explorer is gone, and cannot be brought back.

I'd like to use this theme, but can't without common tasks showing.

Also wish for more color choices than just black for title bars.

• 2 weeks later...
Common tasks pane in windows explorer is gone, and cannot be brought back.

I'd like to use this theme, but can't without common tasks showing.

What you can do is take a shellstyle.dll from a different theme and put it into the shell folder and it'll come back.

What you can do is take a shellstyle.dll from a different theme and put it into the shell folder and it'll come back.

That did it, thank you!

There is one more negative thing about this theme:

The top of every window border is placed about 8-10 pixels away from top of screen, leaving an ugly gap.

If you push it up, it's back again when you restart applicaiton.

This is an amazing theme thanks for your effort, but if you don't mind heres a thing or two:

When using an instant messaging client like AIM the blinking of the menu in tray is to similar of a color, and is hard to notice at a glance.

And I think you should darken the tray and start menu just a little, so it blends in with the whole mint idea.

:]

I will update all my themes.

For Mint you can expect new Startbutton, recolored Flashbutton and a bug fix (a programm called Scribus wasn't working with my themes).

For Mint you can expect new Startbutton, recolored Flashbutton and a bug fix (a programm called Scribus wasn't working with my themes).

Thanks! Please fix the gap between top of screen and toolbar. I think it has something to do with toolbar height.

Also the common tasks pane, doesn't show unless you make your own Shell folder.

It would be nice to have some control over colors too.

Thanks! Please fix the gap between top of screen and toolbar. I think it has something to do with toolbar height.

Also the common tasks pane, doesn't show unless you make your own Shell folder.

It would be nice to have some control over colors too.

could you post a screenshot of the toolbar issue.

where are you missing control over colors?

gr8 news SRN ;) thx

could you post a screenshot of the toolbar issue.

where are you missing control over colors?

Here, you see:

5ysnj9s.jpg

any application that is not maximized, starts with this gap on top. If you move it up all the way, it's back where it was again when you restart the program. Something is pushing on it, I think that Windows thinks the toolbar is taller than it really is.

As far as colors are concerned: it would be nice to have different shades of toolbars and taskbar, not just black. Maybe silver (like in KDE Crystal theme) and soft gray-blue like in GUI-relax. Black is too sharp on the eyes.

Thank you for your work, I hope the issues will be fixed so I can finally switch over.

oopsie.... :huh: ....i forgot to read that this was a linux based theme...and was tryin in windows!!! :yes: ...

This is a Windows XP Visual Style!

You have to place the folder which is in the zip-file in your C:/Windows/Resources/Themes folder.

Then select the theme in the Appearance settings.

Here, you see:

any application that is not maximized, starts with this gap on top. If you move it up all the way, it's back where it was again when you restart the program. Something is pushing on it, I think that Windows thinks the toolbar is taller than it really is.

Maybe you have seen that the Captionbar is more minimal than you are used to from the Luna VS.

This effect is achieved by adding transparent lines on top.

You don't see them but they are there.

As far as colors are concerned: it would be nice to have different shades of toolbars and taskbar, not just black. Maybe silver (like in KDE Crystal theme) and soft gray-blue like in GUI-relax. Black is too sharp on the eyes.

Thank you for your work, I hope the issues will be fixed so I can finally switch over.

The Taskbar was white and the Toolbar is light grey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have updated Mint 2.0:

-two new Taskbar versions

-new Startbutton

-new Flashbutton

-Scribus bug removed

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49718884/

Maybe you have seen that the Captionbar is more minimal than you are used to from the Luna VS.

Isn't there a way to avoid using transparent pixels? I've seen other themes with slim toolbars, but they don't have this issue, which is extremely annoying. If fact, it is the only thing preventing me from using this theme.