Dentist suing Lidle's estate for $7 million

Dr. Lawrence Rosenthal is suing the late Cory Lidle's estate for $7 million for the damages done to his apartment when the Cirrus SR-20 airplane crashed into it on October 11, 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2784924

I hope he receives not a single dollar of the $7 million, but I think he will get something.

well I don't think he shouldn't get anything. honestly this should have been handled a long time ago by the insurance companies. I don't know if all the stuff in his apartment, which was trashed, really totals up to $7 million, but I do believe he obviously deserves to have the cost of this rebuilding repayed.

I hope he receives every penny. Was his apartment not destroyed along with his personal belongings? How about rental during the rebuild? Emotional damages? Lowering of resale value? Yeh... that adds up to around $7 mil.

His insurance should of coverd something like this.

If not then he only needs to recoup his loses not ask for then what he lost. That is greed

lol what a joke, how can you sue someone over an accident!

its like millions of people down in the south of america sueing the weather man for the weather that destroyed their houses!

well its not but its pretty much just as stupid!

You can sue if someone was negligent. Very few accidents are unavoidable. That's the first thing they teach you at driving school and it likely fully applies to aircraft as well.

I have no idea why his household insurance isn't dealing with this. Did he not have home insurance?