Which of these sedans would you get

Which of these sedans would you like to have?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these sedans would you like to have?

• Dodge Intrepid
    • Ford Taures
    • Honda Accord
    • Nissan Altima
    • Ponitac GrandAM

i'm getting my first car at the end of the year... most likely as a christmas present, i'm getting a used car, but i can't decide which of these vehicles i should get, I LIKE ALL OF EM'

so i'd like to know which one you guys would want to have and why...

thanks

Honda because it is the only non-american car - yes, I know this will start a flame war, but American car are horrible in the following areas:

1 - Quality

2 - Style

3 - Repair Frequency

If you can afford an Accord, I would also look at Toyota or VW

I would go for a Honda Accord cuz of its reliability and ability to find parts cheap in anything goes wrong with the car :) ....

My 2 cents ....

Radish.

ahhhh! :o

i think this might start a war... not to bite on anyone but i only added the Accord to the poll because it was cheap (money wise). quality, sytle, and repair frequency... NO... american cars look better than any others... it's about time Volvo started looking good (after Ford took over) Quality, i'd say all cars are the same, it depends on the owners care for his/her car. Repair frequency, my moms 98 Honda has been in the shop 4 times and only has 70,000 miles on it. My uncle's 99 Dodge Intrepid has 107,000 miles on it and has only been in the shop one time at Pep Boys.

in my opinion the best cars built today are BMW. there wouldn't be a poll if i could afford it. :) ;)

Dear god don't get a Honda, sure they last forever and have good gas milage, but if you get into an accident in one of those you can say good bye to your car, those things fall apart so easy, there all plasitc.

All foriegn car companies have seen a decrease in quality after being bought my american car companies.

Saab which was bought by GM

Land Rover/Aston Martin which was bought by Ford

Hummer (Yes, Hummer was orignally American, but that was in a class of its own) was ruined by GM or Chevy -- Can't remember.

Mini has huge quality problems

As for Volvo, Ford had no design control until the 2002, so you can't say that when Ford took over there were major changes. But you can point to the fact that Ford create the S40 which is a budget piece of poop car that has the FORD feel to it.

How can you say American cars have more style and then go on to say your favorite car is a BMW?

VW, Audi, Camery, Accord, Altima (the new ones) are great sedans.

i only said BMW is the best because its all of the above... but when it comes to styling, american cars look better than most forgein cars like the corvette, navigator, taures, grandam, grand prix, explorer, F-series trucks (Ford), avalanche, Silverado, thunderbird... even classic cars from the 50's and 60's look better than new forgein cars. Nissan Altima is the second and only forgein/asian car i would ever get, only because i fell in love with it at first sight. :wub:

i don't care much for value because i'm plannin on keepin my car for a while... and safety is the next biggest issue and that is something most forgein companies can not give me compared to american cars. besides volvo ;)

I don't care much for value because i'm plannin on keepin my car for a while...

Wouldn't that mean that value is even more important to you. Value is a function of "How Much You Get For What Cost". Quality, Sytyle, Performance, Features, etc are all things that contribute to the value of a car.

The longer you have the car the more important value becomes.

Second, if you think American cards are safer than foreign cars you better do some research

what i meant about value was $$. some people buy their cars by what the resale value is going to be, like most people know BMW and Mercedes resale value go way down as soon as you drive them off the lot. thats why most people who buy BMW and Mercedes keep their cars for a long time, like my uncle and my next door neighbors.

the choice of cars i have on the poll

one of the cars listed on the poll is the one i'm getting. Those cars all look good to me and they fit my wallet. i don't care about options and rims, intakes, spoilers, etc.... all i need is

• AC
  • power windows/locks
  • CD stereo

with that i'll be happy

I personally would look into Hyundai (Have owned one of the new ones and was VERY happy with it, not to mention you can't beat the warrenty and price...

Or a Subaru, expensive? Yes. But you get what you pay for. A Rock Solid car with almost all features standard. ;)

Out of your list

Nissan Altima

The only respectable car you have listed there. :p

ahhhh! :o

i think this might start a war... not to bite on anyone but i only added the Accord to the poll because it was cheap (money wise). quality, sytle, and repair frequency... NO... american cars look better than any others... it's about time Volvo started looking good (after Ford took over) Quality, i'd say all cars are the same, it depends on the owners care for his/her car. Repair frequency, my moms 98 Honda has been in the shop 4 times and only has 70,000 miles on it. My uncle's 99 Dodge Intrepid has 107,000 miles on it and has only been in the shop one time at Pep Boys.

in my opinion the best cars built today are BMW. there wouldn't be a poll if i could afford it. :) ;)

Despite your vast experience with 2 whole cars, The Honda and Nissan will be by far the most reliable of those listed. Every year, consumer reports does ratings of repair histories. The foreign cars always have excellent records, the american cars always have poor records. I have a 98 Honda Accord and a 99 Mazda Protege, and haven't had a single problem with either of them.

none of them - BMW M5, BMW 540i, Holden Monaro CV8 5.7 litre, Holden Statesman Grange 5.7 litre. Accord is a really bland looking car - too small, too underpowered. Ford Taurus is old & ugly (like most Fords)

i'm getting my first car at the end of the year... most likely as a christmas present, i'm getting a used car, but i can't decide which of these vehicles i should get, I LIKE ALL OF EM'

so i'd like to know which one you guys would want to have and why...

thanks

well, i can tell you there was a Dateline show or 60 Min on the Nissan Altima. i can't remember what year cars they were talking about, but the airbag on the passenger side shoots out like a fist. it can cause severe damage to the eyes and face.

i think the new Altimas have it fixed, but they still deny there was a problem.

just letting you know

seems like the Honda won by 1 vote... but i'm not getting any of those cars. WHY?

because there was one other car i forgot. and i've made my choice..

and that special car is.... (drum roll)

VW JETTA

• 2 weeks later...

I would get a MAZDA 626 V6. I know that's not on your list. I have had or driven most of your list. I just like everything about the 626 over the others.

What does it matter what any of us think? It's your money and the car you will buy. :|

Except the BMW, It would require some thought.