[Review] Samsung D900

Samsung D900 Review

Well I have been after a new phone for a while now, and after studying the market very closely i think this phone is for me. My current phone is a Nokia 7600 which is basically ancient and broken in many places so i'm looking forward to do a mini review on this phone. Cost me ?152 in total including postage and packaging, brand new and fully unlocked which is very handy:))

[bKey Features>[/b]>

• # 12.9mm - The world?s slimmest slider.
    # 3.13 mega-pixel camera with flash and auto focus.
    # Mp3 Player
    # External memory slot (MicroSD).# Video recording and messaging.
    # Offline flight mode (listen to music or take pictures even during a flight).
    # Multi-tasking (simultaneous music playback and phone function control).
    # Direct TV output+.
    # 3D sound speakerphone.
    # Document Viewer (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT, PDF, HTML and JPEG files).
    # Connectivity - Bluetooth , USB, MMS, SyncML, GPRS Class 10, Java? MIDP 2.0, WAP 2.0.Whats in the boxx[/b]>
    • # Samsung D900
      # Wall Charger
      # Battery
      # PC Link Cable
      # Software
      # Handset
      # Manual

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

Camera Pictures

photo0001vl8.jpg

dsc00192if8.jpg

dsc00193ok4.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img2Overall Conclusionll Conclusion[/b]onclusion

For my first Samsung phone I am very impressed with it over all. Having received this phone on Wednesday, I have had time to get used to and how its work. Little annoyances are the operating system menu lags from time to time, pointless shortcuts on the phones main screen can?t be removed, and apart fProsis phPros

Pros

• # Professional looking phone, sleek sexy finish.
    # Excellent camera
    # PaConssefulCons>
Cons
  • # Didn?t come with a cleaning cloth or carry bag for the phone.
    # Charger slot is a bit of a tight squeeze.
    # Menu layout could have been a little bit better.

Well I hope you have enjoyed this review, if you have any questions just ask.

Just wondering, do you get any significant shutter lag on the camera? Fair enough that the auto-focus takes a while, but even after it seems to have taken the picture, I can move the phone and the picture will turn out blurred, gets to be a pain waiting so long, and it's hard to use as a 'point and click' camera with anything not perfectly still from my experience.

Another thing, what do you mean the menu layout could be better?

Do you mean that when you press up when the phone is open the menu with 5 things pops up?

If so, you can change that in your options - Just go Settings > Phone Settings > My Menu

Then change it to whatever you want, sorry if this wasn't what you were speaking about ;)

Just wondering, do you get any significant shutter lag on the camera? Fair enough that the auto-focus takes a while, but even after it seems to have taken the picture, I can move the phone and the picture will turn out blurred, gets to be a pain waiting so long, and it's hard to use as a 'point and click' camera with anything not perfectly still from my experience.

Well the auto focus does take a few seconds, but apart from that i experience no lag.

Another thing, what do you mean the menu layout could be better?

Do you mean that when you press up when the phone is open the menu with 5 things pops up?

If so, you can change that in your options - Just go Settings > Phone Settings > My Menu

Then change it to whatever you want, sorry if this wasn't what you were speaking about ;)

No i like that, you can see whats in it before you press it lol. I meant the order of the menu, starting from top left and working from left to right, like the Organiser shouldn't be first if you get me.

Another thing which has annoyed me is when i get a text message, there is no message screen saying you have a message, just the icon at the top of the screen, so you have to work your way through the menu to get to it.

Alright OK you mean that menu lol. Didn't quite understand it correctly then, personally I'm not too bothered about where the icons are on that menu, it makes no difference really, where ever u leave the cursor thingy on before you exit the menu is where the cursor stays when you open it back up so no difference imo :/