Can't Stream Media

I am using WMP11 to try and stream music from my computer to my 360. I tried this before, but it didn't work, but now I'm giving it a second go, using the Linksys WRT54GS router.

I tried opening ports in my router, disabling/enabling windows firewall and opening the ports in it, constantly restarting the 360 and WMP11. Nothing will work, it cannot find my computer.

Any ideas out there? I can connect to Live just fine :/

I'm in the same boat :/

If i plug my 360 in to my PC's onboard NIC I am able to stream, but if I plug my 360 straight in to my router I cant stream..

I'm using a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router though...

Took a few hours, but I fixed it. NO idea why, but it seemed to pop up when ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is disabled. That advice was taken from an Microsoft KB article.

@Disposable_hero: All I did was run the Network Setup Wizard in the control panel, used existing connections, but deselected connection sharing.

Thanks for TVersity CY:G, gonna check that out.

Would love to play some of my collection streamed through the 360 :D.

@Disposable_hero: All I did was run the Network Setup Wizard in the control panel, used existing connections, but deselected connection sharing.

still did not do it for me :(

I can't get TVersity to work. The 360 sees it, thats fine. When I try to play something, it says that I'm not connected.

So I gave up for now.

Yeah, I used to use TVersity until I installed VISTA and now it can't see it from my 360 wirelessly. My 360 can't even recognize WMP11.

TVersity is nice but, it doesn't play every file type. Just basically the basic ones and DIVX / XVID.. I tried playing .avi files on my 360 with TVersity but all it did was freeze up for like 10 seconds and pop up on the side saying that they are unable to play the file.

I'd recommend to check that your firewall is not blocking it, I thought I had it set right but then I checked Kaspersky and I did not have it setup right so I told it to share with a range of IP addresses, working like a charm now.

I had a lot of problems setting up media streaming between Vista and the 360. The culprit was my firewall who was badly configured.

If you use Vista or WMP 11 with the default Vista firewall, it's rather easy to set up the Media sharing.

In WMP 11, right click on Library, select the Media sharing, check share media and click on Networking, in that panel, make sure you can see the 360 from Vista and allow the 360 to have access to the media library.

Normally, the firewall should have the proper ports opened between the 360 and the PC.

There is an article on xbox.com for that

If you have ICS and a router, it obviously won't work. I had a problem 2 years ago networking 3 computers in the house using a cable modem. Found out that ICS and the routers DHCP won't work and will cause problems.

I got it working with my 360 already, using WMP11 on XP. Vista isn't a problem because its not installed :huh:. Had to disable ICS, as I already said above. Only have a firewall that already allows 360's streaming traffic, and no installed firewall on my computer (Windows Firewall is already disabled). Everything works out fine that way.

The only problem I have now is with TVersity, I can only stream music with it. But that doesn't bother me too much since I wasn't expecting anything from TVersity anyway.

Well I got a hold of a free adsl wireless router which has 4 RJ45 ports on the back, plugged both my 360 and my PC in to the back and everything works, although its a dlink :)

I have two routers one right by my pc and a wire going through the attic to another router that splits it to my 360, PS3 and a laptop. I still can't get the 360 to work.