Animated Logon Screen

I was watching a longhorn concept video and I thought, why cant this be added into vista now? It showed an animated logon screen where the user's picture was rotating in 3d while the background looked almost like a dreamscene.

thats the vidoe. Also, if those cool animated photo sorter and music icon could be done that would be really cool.

Damn that video is old, i've seen it so many times...

Personaly.. i think Vista is fine how it is.. and considering how cheep PC's and Laptops are, there is no need for multiplue user accounts.

So. I dont really like the idea of more Eye Candy in that area, however expect something like this in Windows 7.

Well, Im starting to buy into the idea that unused resources are wasted resources and would like to know if its possible. On the photo and music side Im kind of dissapointed with windows media player and photo gallery, its too hard to navigate through a few thousand photos and songs.

Man I love that login screen. I've always wished they would release something like that. It's so neat looking!

/agree

Who knows, the code for all that is probably sitting away on a hard drive somewhere, so maybe it may show itself in a service pack?

If they can make all that eye candy happen without a decrease in performance, it would be cool!

well the thing is, when your not logged in you dont need the performance anyway, so they could dedicate significant resources to that. I wonder if that could be done here?

never seen that vid before lol. looks real nice, i wish they'd encorperated much more of that into the final vista. the coming soon october 2003 made me laugh :p

:drool:

dude... lovely!

Glassed Silver:mac

...am I the only one who misses the classic logon? :laugh:

:x

Am I the only one who thinks all those spinning effects are stupid?

It makes it look like some kind of video game, it wouldn't be useable.

My God, I'm glad they never made it like that!!

People already complain Vista is spec-heavy already. Imagine if this was released...!

but as said ealier in this thread, when your not logged in, you don't need performance, so why would it matter?

I'd love to see something like this in the next version of windows (or even a vista service pack, doubt it though).

vista looks nice, but... that video looks amazing, thats what looks to be a completely user friendly OS!!

What happened to microsoft?

Nope, I'm still a fan of it, plus I get used to it when i'm at work with our Novell system anyway.

But regardless, I like that fancy logon method.. Such a shame!

I have seen this video many times, and i was convinced that Vista would be something like this..

But don't you guys think they would be going to fast? I think people are not ready for so many fancy looking animations, people will get confused..

And i think if Microsoft had released Vista with all these feautures, they don't have anything left to use in next versions of Windows, they would push themselves out of the market. That's what i think..

But i'm using Vista at this moment and i really enjoy using it :)

Nope i love classic. All these fancy stuff has bored me by now so im in Windows 2003 with good performance and nice, minimalistic CLASSIC :)

Beside, if i remember right i think i heard somewhere that they saved all these effects for Windows Vienna.

[...]

Beside, if i remember right i think i heard somewhere that they saved all these effects for Windows Vienna.

:drool:

go ms! don't hesitate to do that :p