Always show more information in Copy/Move dialog box

Hi all, you know when you copy or move large files, you get a small dialog box showing you information about the copying or moving process. By default in Vista, it shows simple details but I love how it tells me how much data remaining and the speed that I find myself clicking More Information everything I do a copy or move process. I just wanted to know how to set Vista so that it always shows more details without me having to click "More Information" everytime. How do I do it? Thanks.

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this either, although I must admit it is hardly worth getting wound up about having to click more information each time :)

That dialogue box is much more informative than the boring old XP one, although it does show up the slowness of my hard drives!

that would be sweet to find this because i find myself wanting to know how fast stuff is going over the wireless network here. Fastest i've gotten is 1.4MB/s from my server downstairs and sometimes from downloading online but that drops once again to normal regular speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.. I wana make my Windows XP Move / Copy dialog box to show the "Speed" and "Items remaining" option like Vista. How can I do this?

post-213147-1174392967.jpg

Edited by machkris

Hey.. I wana make my Windows XP Move / Copy dialog box to show the "Speed" and "Items remaining" option like Vista. How can I do this?

I want the opposite, I want Windows Vista Move / Copy dialog box to show which particular files it is moving at that moment like Windows XP. I miss that information.

post-213147-1174392967.jpg

That's what i am asking. That's the question is about.

• 4 years later...

Hi all, you know when you copy or move large files, you get a small dialog box showing you information about the copying or moving process. By default in Vista, it shows simple details but I love how it tells me how much data remaining and the speed that I find myself clicking More Information everything I do a copy or move process. I just wanted to know how to set Vista so that it always shows more details without me having to click "More Information" everytime. How do I do it? Thanks.

-----

If anyone is still looking for an answer to this long-lost question (since I notice the last reply in this forum was back in 2007...), I've found it!

It's a little prog called "Classic Shell". THIS solved the "show all information by DEFAULT in the Copy/Move dialog box" problem!

The site's description: "Classic Shell is a collection of features that were available in older versions of Windows but are removed from Vista and Windows 7. It has a classic start menu for Windows 7, it adds a toolbar for Windows Explorer and supports a variety of smaller features. Look here for the full list."

One of the many features is restoring the "Show all info by default" in the Copy/Move dialog box! When you install it, 2 modules are installed by default: "Classic Start Menu" & Classic Explorer". I choose only "Explorer". Once installed, you have to click on the "All Settings" choice (at the bottom of the configuration box). Then click on the "File Operation" tab. In there, click on the "Always show more details" box - and BOOM. Now you get MORE INFO in your copy/move box!

Site is at: Welcome to Classic Shell

Hope this helps someone. I know I've been looking for a solution to this little ANNOYANCE for a loooong time.

THANKS MICROSOFT !

• 8 months later...