SP2 for Windows Server 2003 & Windows XP x64

About to switch from XP 32-bit to XP 64-bit! (Y)

Windows XP x64 for Operating System of 2007!

I'm considering switching to XP64 as well... I wished I'd rather got XP64 than wasting my money on Vista Business :pinch:

I'm considering switching to XP64 as well... I wished I'd rather got XP64 than wasting my money on Vista Business :pinch:

Maybe MS can start selling downgrade packages, they'll do anything for $$

i've tried installing 32-Bit x86 versions of SP2 on 2 test systems and apparently it doesnt install, those systems have SP1 already. Is there any chance that it only installs on a standard copy of windows 2003 and not on the one having SP1?

All versions of 2003 were released with SP1 version already integrated. A leftover from the XP Desktop to Server migration... NT5.1 to NT5.2... so I do not know why SP1 designation was needed but thats the way it happened. SP2 was the first release of a service pack for 2003 Server, XP x64 systems.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm thinking of R2... guess 2003 Server didn't have either at release. Like all service packs, this should be upgradeable from release or SP1 state.

found the problem, located the executable file of SP2 in the WSUS contents folder and ran the update manually, during the backing up process it failed to copy the ATAPI.sys which i ignored and everything went fine while installing the SP2 :)

found the problem, located the executable file of SP2 in the WSUS contents folder and ran the update manually, during the backing up process it failed to copy the ATAPI.sys which i ignored and everything went fine while installing the SP2 :)

Do you have an older version of DAEMON Tools (or Alcohol 120%) installed?

Older version locked atapi.sys. You should make sure to upgrade or uninstall DAEMON Tools/Alcohol 120% before installing any SP.