Apple OS X 10.4.9 Released

The sound is definately louder on my work iMac. Haven't updated my MBP just yet.

Nine updates and Apple still couldn't fix Duplicate for CD's.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's broken in Leopard, too. :rolleyes:

Insert a CD (e.g. a music CD) > right click the CD icon on the desktop > Duplicate

It worked as it should on 10.3 Panther

It has been broken in Tiger from the start.

Strange, it worked for me :)

Wouldn't it be 10.4.10, 10.4.11, and so on?

Nope. 10.5 is next, we will have it in about a months time.

Also, volume on my MBP is the same. Looks like it has increased the volume on MacBooks and iMacs.

Nope. 10.5 is next, we will have it in about a months time.

Also, volume on my MBP is the same. Looks like it has increased the volume on MacBooks and iMacs.

How do you know this? It sounds like you're just speculating. I doubt it, but if some security issue is discovered in 10.4, there's no reason a .1x release would be out of the question.

Yip audio is a fair bit louder on my iMac 17"

allways thought it was a bit on the low side.

I agree. Even on max, I always thought my iMac was quieter than I would have liked. This update fixes it, though.

Updated it today after taking 4 hours to download =/!

The volume is deffinatly louder, which is great.

my friend said the update took a long time to download....only 2 min here though

Yeah it started out a little slow for me and then all of a sudden it download reallllly fast. I guess everyone was hitting their servers hard.

Another little hidden change is that you have to hold down the Eject key for it to work. So now if you accidently press it you wont eject a disc.

Great!! Volume is louder on the Macbook, I can hear it even at medium.

this is one thing that always bugged me, glad they increased the volume. Also osx seems a bit snappier

Another little hidden change is that you have to hold down the Eject key for it to work. So now if you accidently press it you wont eject a disc.

I thought the update broke my button. lol. I like this change and I do something hit it accidently.

I wish they would somehow fix the CPU whine though.

Not sure if this is present from this update, but I've noticed you can now take screenshots to the clipboard instead of to the desktop by holding down Shift as well! They're in the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences.

So I finally installed the update yesterday after work,as the progress bar was about to hit 100% I got a Kernel Panic for the first time since getting my MBP last year. My heart stopped for a sec, anyhow after turning of the Nothebook as per the error message it booted fine into OS X...I am just glad it didn't mess up the OS as I had a lot of data that had not been backed up.

Edited by KeR