BEST Msstyles of 2006

I would say, Klarheit. i've been using that for quite a while and I like it. (tho I wish it came in more colors )

btw, does anyone kno where I can get a high-res version of this wallpaper:

post-88490-1173854756_thumb.jpg

thanks

I guess the best VS that came out this year would have to be Klarheit, although I don't even like it much.

There was a shortage of good VSs this year because every developer was like ZOMG VISTA!1 THERE HAZ 2 BE 1000 DIFFERNT VIZTA CLONEZ THAT WNT TRNANSLATE WELL ON XP!11.

I'm still using RoyalFour (although, I'm in the process of trying to find Klassic, I think I might switch off of RoyalFour for it, we'll see though) which came out back in 2003.

Royale Vista by dobee

:yes:

both gets my vote because both look good AND are usable.. so props to the designers!!!

lots of visual styles look good but aren't usable (ie: tiny fonts that are unicode unfriendly, darkened explorer backgrounds that affect every program, non standard sized borders making resizing difficult, list goes on...)

There was a shortage of good VSs this year because every developer was like ZOMG VISTA!1 THERE HAZ 2 BE 1000 DIFFERNT VIZTA CLONEZ THAT WNT TRNANSLATE WELL ON XP!11.

I totally agree. There are waaaaaay too many Vista skins that look almost exactly the same out there right now.

I totally agree. There are waaaaaay too many Vista skins that look almost exactly the same out there right now.

and none of them even come close to kols vistaxp which unfortunatly was too good

I'm compiling the list now.

Unfortunately, deviantART seems to be having some problems today so it's slow going. ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Great thread, glad this is going around, it really helped me find a good theme. I have been using SlanXP for a while, but man I just can't keep my eyes off LE5. Really clean and extremely professional theme. It really seems like LE5 could/should be the default XP theme.

I just seen the 5.1 which came out in Jan. man he needs to hurry up and finish the black version of it