Robbie Williams Goes Live on Xbox 360

Robbie Williams Goes Live on Xbox 360

By: C?sar A. Berardini - "Cesar"

Mar. 15th, 2007 5:39 am

British pop superstar Robbie Williams has left the rehab clinic in Arizona for Xbox Live. Well, not really. But he's offering some content for Xbox Live users in Europe and Asia. Below is the press release with the announcement:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox turns 'Rudebox' as Robbie Williams goes live on Xbox 360 >

Music and gaming come together as Robbie Williams content features for the first time on a games console LONDON Thursday 15th March, 2007 ? Microsoft today announced an exclusive collaboration with RobbieWilliams.com to bring music videos and extra exciting content to the Xbox 360? videogame and entertainment system. From today, fans will be able to download videos of ?A Place To Crash?, ?Lovelight?, and his latest single ?She?s Madonna? through the award winning Xbox Live? online service.

To date Robbie Williams has sold over fifty million albums worldwide. At release his most recent album ?Rudebox? was the fastest-selling platinum awarded album in the UK in 2006, and debuted at No.1 in 11 countries worldwide giving Robbie his 8th solo No.1 album, a feat topped only by rock ?n? roll king, Elvis. Robbie recently finished his 70 date sell-out Close Encounter 2006 tour, which saw him play to over 3.5 million fans in 20 different countries and breaking a world record with ticket sales.

Xbox 360 owners, across Europe and Asia, will have the opportunity to download premium Robbie Williams music video content from Xbox Live Marketplace to their consoles. Downloads of high definition music videos will be available for 280 Microsoft Points, standard definition music videos for 230, and Robbie Williams themes (including 4 pictures) for 150 Microsoft Points.

Microsoft points are the easiest way to pay and play and can be purchased at hundreds of retail stores across Europe and Asia, or via Xbox Live Marketplace with a credit card. They can be used to buy tons of extra gaming and entertainment content for Xbox 360, as well as these great music videos.

Furthermore, RobbieWilliams.com in association with Xbox, will be running competitions to give away five Xbox 360 consoles and stacks of games, so watch this space. For more details visit www.robbiewilliams.com

Robbie Williams added, ?I love playing Xbox at home and on the road, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 kept me company through the tour!?

Richard Teversham, E&D EMEA Marketing Director, said today, ?We?re thrilled to be welcoming Robbie Williams to Xbox Live. This is a great opportunity for fans to download music videos and extra content to watch in between enjoyingSource:te Xbox 360 games.?

Source: TeamXbox

Robbie Williams? Uhh..

No thanks.

Can't Live associate themselves with some decent musicians/bands? Actually, I hate the whole idea of celebrities infiltrating Live lol.

Robbie Williams? Uhh..

No thanks.

Can't Live associate themselves with some decent musicians/bands? Actually, I hate the whole idea of celebrities infiltrating Live lol.

coming up next... Madonna! :laugh: :rofl: :p :whistle:

Oh christ lets not raid her record label... Good Charlotte anyone? :x

*looks at sig*

IN FLAMES. These guys should be on Live lol.

Edited by NegaC

Europe finally gets some Marketplace loving, albeit Robbie Williams.

Hate his music, hate him. No thanks.

In this case at least, no marketplace loving is better than Robbie Williams marketplace loving.

artist of the month is quite a good idea, the anna molly clip a few months back made me get the new incubus album. and i also liked that song from augustana.

i was excited when i thouhgt it said "robin williams".... :(

Same here and I was thinking, wait he isn't british and I re-read it was Robbie Williams :p

one question...: why?

hes a nobody.. put someone like neobond up, i bet hes more popular then robbie williams