Xbox live support is a joke to me

Spartan_X, seriously, you need to hit these people with a firm open palm slap across the face.

I called Microsoft support, i went to the all other inquires on the phone, and talked to some guy, who is overly nice to me.. and keeps repeating himself. So i tell him i got a replacement console, and after that, i put my old hard drive back on, and the new maps for COD2 do NOT work. they only work when connected to the internet.

He says he's hardware support, and can't help, totally not his fault, so he transfers me, puts me on hold for literally 3 minutes and comes back, tells me "mamood" or someone is here to speak to me, puts me on hold for 3 seconds, and comes back, and says shes here.

so i have to re-tell her my story, and she says she wants to check my internet connection. Im like, it's fine, i play games, download videos, and all this other stuff on my xbox live, so it works. "oh but we must check your internet connection". I told her i dont have my console with me right now, and to skip this step... she doesn't, and says call back when i have my console to check my internet connection... wtf, it works!

just give me my damn product key to re-download my maps!

[edit] i picked up my console, and hooked it all up and walked to a guy named danny this time, who was actually really helpful, and when stuff was loading he was actually making conversation and being cool about everything. I told him about mamood and he said thats probably the manilla branch i got a hold of. Danny (i think his name was) was stationed in the states, and was so much easier to deal with then anything else.. he got my console code and ID and are giving me back my points :D

im glad i mentioned everything ive ever purchased, or i would of lost it all. I'm getting back a lot of points within the next 48 hours, and big thumbs up for a co-operative tech support (Y)(Y)

Edited by lylesback2

heh so if they were so helpful in the end why do you say overall support was a joke?

but unfortunately you're partly right, these corporate helpilines are a hassle most of the time. this isn't only an MS issue. ever been a Gateway customer?

heh so if they were so helpful in the end why do you say overall support was a joke?

but unfortunately you're partly right, these corporate helpilines are a hassle most of the time. this isn't only an MS issue. ever been a Gateway customer?

i edited half way through.. i went to pick up my 360.. so i basically drove to pick it up, for no reason... meh, mamood is an idiot.

Yeah the Xbox support in general is often very poor. I remember when my original console died and I was talking with the support staff over the phone (and this wasn't some fellow in India, he was definitely from North America), and after asking about the replacement console and what condition it would be in, he assured me it would be brand new not a refurbished unit (in fact, he even went on to describe how refurbished units are for those in the U.S. and Canadian customers received brand new consoles, no idea where he got that from).

Now I know people can make mistakes, and certainly you can't blame the entire support staff for one person's mistake, but in 2-3 phone calls after that, I was told by each individual (not the same people mind you) the same exact thing.

Now the replacement console I received worked (but was obviously refurbished), but it had some problems I didn't experience with my original. So I setup another replacement and again, someone told me I would be getting a brand new console as a replacement (while being surprised when I said I hadn't the first time). And that isn't the worst of it. A few days later I spoke with a female (again North American), and I asked what my warranty status was (to make sure the 2 year warranty I purchased from Microsoft was transferred over). She then told me that my warranty ended early 2007, despite this extended warranty, so I tried to find out how I can fix it.. I was told to send a letter to some department at Microsoft, and she began to get angry at me when I asked why I would have to send a letter, rather then call someone or get it settled with her on the phone.

Suffice to say, next time I called I spoke with a gentleman, and he told me how completely wrong she was, and had no idea how she could have gotten that idea.

I really hope it hasn't gotten worse then that. Support is a very big deal, and Nintendo seems to be far better in that department.

I called MS today, because my console was dying and they were excellent help, they were going to make me ship my console in for a few minor problems, but..I took mine to the store and bought a 15 month warranty instead.

I guess, I get lucky with the people who answer the phone when I call.

Yeah, too bad nobody listens to the "recorded conversations" the support centers get. I had a pleasant experience with Xbox support the one time I called, but I don't doubt others have experienced quite the opposite.

the guys ask a lot of questions about quality. He asked me how long i spent waiting for a representative, which was no more then 1 min. they asked me how his service was today (how well he handled my claim), and you could tell what he cared most about was how well he dealt with this phone call (btw, im talking about the first dude i spoke to)

MadFerIt2006, i was told the same thing. when my console broke and was returned for repairs, he said he'll send a BRAND NEW one out asoon as mine is received and confirmed broken. When i opened my "new" xbox360, i noticed considerable wear on it. There was actually a heat mark where the plastic has been heated and is now mis-coloured and looks a little off.

also, the console serial number is already registered online, so i can't even register that....

also, the console serial number is already registered online, so i can't even register that....

Damn, that's not right. I'd tell you to give customer support a call, but I wouldn't want you to go through that again.

There is a company called Arvato in Kitchener (ON) that does tech support for X Box Live (and other Microsoft campaigns). I know a few people that work there, and a lot of them are smart as doorknobs; I am therefore not surprised their service sucks. Odd thing is that a lot of their employees are from India & Pakistan; they came to Canada to work in call centres that will be back in their original countries in 5 years :laugh:.

There is a company called Arvato in Kitchener (ON) that does tech support for X Box Live (and other Microsoft campaigns). I know a few people that work there, and a lot of them are smart as doorknobs; I am therefore not surprised their service sucks. Odd thing is that a lot of their employees are from India & Pakistan; they came to Canada to work in call centres that will be back in their original countries in 5 years :laugh: .

i live in Ontario. The guy i talked to says there are usually 3 call centers that go online at a single time, it all depends on the time of day. It all depends on your option you pick, and the availability of the clients. If 3 people call at the exact same time for hardware support, 1 will go to the US, 1 will go to Manilla, and the other somewhere else, or maybe all 3 will go to the US.

When one call center closes, another goes online around the world.... and i thought it was one major call center per country taking in local calls

Like I've said before the call support I got when my launch system kept freezing was excellent. They spoke English and within 5 minutes of talking they said they were sending a box and to just put the 360 in it when it arrives. Arrived next day, and received a brand new 360 two days later. Ever since then the 360 works without flaw.

Like I've said before the call support I got when my launch system kept freezing was excellent. They spoke English and within 5 minutes of talking they said they were sending a box and to just put the 360 in it when it arrives. Arrived next day, and received a brand new 360 two days later. Ever since then the 360 works without flaw.

had exact same experience.

the guys ask a lot of questions about quality. He asked me how long i spent waiting for a representative, which was no more then 1 min. they asked me how his service was today (how well he handled my claim), and you could tell what he cared most about was how well he dealt with this phone call (btw, im talking about the first dude i spoke to)

MadFerIt2006, i was told the same thing. when my console broke and was returned for repairs, he said he'll send a BRAND NEW one out asoon as mine is received and confirmed broken. When i opened my "new" xbox360, i noticed considerable wear on it. There was actually a heat mark where the plastic has been heated and is now mis-coloured and looks a little off.

Good to know I wasn't the only one told that garbage lol.

had exact same experience.

Both times I got a replacement it took around 1 and 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks. So definitely never had that speed lol.

it's very hit and miss and i agree that they can be very unhelpful. you never seem to get a commitment out of them. it's always faxing/filling forms/taking statements and such.

i guess there's no inate profit in service. maybe getting you to buy their next product, but then bureacracy is too lazy and too shorsighted to really work like that.

it's not all bad, there's some pros in there i'm sure, just a matter of luck running into them. chances are you'll get the runaround.