Pakistan cricket coach found Unconscious. This is shocking.

March 18: Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was discovered at his hotel in Jamaica at 1045 local time on Sunday.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

Woolmer said after the match he was considering his future in the game.

His contract was in any case unlikely to be renewed by the Pakistan Cricket Board after the tournament.

But Woolmer said on Friday night: "I'm going to sleep on this one as I've had a very bad day, which ranks along with my worst days as a coach.

"Coaching is what I like to do but whether I continue to do that at international level is under discussion.

"I'm going to give it some thought."

The PCB is expected to release a statement later on Sunday

Source.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.a...s+in+Hotel+Room

This is absolutely shocking

Bob Woolmer dies at 58.

This is truly shocking. R.I.P :(

Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has died din a Kington hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room hours after his side's elimination from the World Cup. He was 58.

Although Woolmer played 19 Tests for England, it was as an international coach he really made his mark, first with South Africa and then, after a spell as the ICC's High Performance Manager, with Pakistan.

Born in India, Woolmer made his mark in a strong Kent side in the 1970s as an allrounder, a pugnacious middle-order batsman and medium-paced seamer. Although his England career was just getting started when he joined World Series Cricket, there were already signs that his early promise was not going to be fulfilled.

More to follow

? Cricinfo

Looks like he has died...

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.

He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

Woolmer told BBC Radio Five Live after the Ireland match that he was considering his future in the game.

"My contract runs out on 30 June anyway but I want to sleep on it before I make a decision about my future," he said on Saturday evening.

"I have said I am reluctant to continue in international cricket purely because of all the travelling but I will stay in cricket at a different level.

"But I think the decision has been made for me really. I will talk to the PCB and if they want me to stay until 30 June I will stay, if they want me to go I will go.

"I am not going to break my contract but if the PCB want to get rid of me that is their business."

Pakistan's preparations for the World Cup have been far from ideal, which Woolmer also alluded to.

Following the infamous forfeited Test against England at The Oval last summer, two of their leading fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, were suspended after failing doping tests.

The pair later saw those bans rescinded but missed the World Cup because of injury, something Woolmer admitted had hindered the team.

"There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides," he said.

"Those are the things I would have to consider and those things would have to change if I was to continue."

Although I do not follow cricket, this is quite sad :(

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer dies

"Woolmer took over as Pakistan coach in June 2005

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.

He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness. "

Full Story: Bob Woolmer Dies - BBC

Truly a sad day for the world of cricket

RIP Bob

I think he was quite stressed as Pakistan had lost a World Cup match to newcomers Ireland. This resulted in Pakistan being out of the WC in the first stage itself.

It's sad. He was just 58, and had coached South Africa and Pakistan.

Shame.

He had an undisclosed illness.

Maybe it finally caught up with him.

Bye Bob, enjoy your cricket where ever you go!

He had an undisclosed illness.

Maybe it finally caught up with him.

? where did you read that? The only thing i heard on news is he had High Diabetes.

But yes, this really will cloud some doubts for sometime till nothing fishy comes up for long time.

I think it was just the loss of his team that caused his death. If you watched the match, you could tell that he looked very uneasy. Probably got too much stress and had a heart attack.

Probably got too much stress and had a heart attack.

yup.... exactly wht i think too....cricket has taken a different level of seriousnes in asia and its sad. and if there is nothing else but stress that got to bob woolmer, then it will just prove how sad it has got that a defeat is taken soooo seriously here in asia... ppl shud realise its just a game in end :( media hype it all too.

kyro.

India.

Edited by kyro

? where did you read that? The only thing i heard on news is he had High Diabetes.

But yes, this really will cloud some doubts for sometime till nothing fishy comes up for long time.

It was mentioned in a news broadcast on the radio.

They mentioned today, that he may have taken an overdose of pills (prescription) and booze.

It was mentioned in a news broadcast on the radio.

They mentioned today, that he may have taken an overdose of pills (prescription) and booze.

yup.. heard same. and even suicide attempt is being discussed now.... which i hope is not the truth.

yup.. heard same. and even suicide attempt is being discussed now.... which i hope is not the truth.

He was a young man, only 58, I have watched ESPN cricket, he was playing for England due to South Africa being banned, so he was a great player and a great coach.

I hope he didn't kill himself.

Im sorry for the poor guy.

But its only sport. Of course its more to hime than that i suppose so thats unfair of me to say too :/

Hasnt spoiled the party in Ireland. For the first time ever Cricket is getting the national media attention. We are proud of the players..

They work as Bakers Milkmen Butchers...well done. Looks like Pakistan players need to find part time jobs too now.

Anyways, I hope this man rests in Peace.