[REQ][HELP] Chat program not useing PHP

Question

i am supposed to make a chat applet or use one for that matter to produce a chat ability for an organization to hold online meetings however, i cannot host php script is there an option for this. currently i have an IRC applet running however its not a good idea and its highly unsecure. can someone help me out with this one.

2 answers to this question

Instead of using chat applet. Why don't you try to ask them to use Instant Messenger? They are secure and free. It allows voice as well as video. The typing on keyboard is not a good idea which may reduce productivity. MSN, YIM (Yahoo Instant Messengers) and Skype. It's just my suggestion.

its not a option. it has to be a totally web oriented experience based through a web portal that we are hosting. i also discussed that option with them. however another option i thought of was the fact of Google talk is now a web gadget that can be added into your page however. they do not want anything you have to sign up for they want it to be totally self controlled and self sustained.