_Old_ television brand?

I'm doing a creative writing essay and I need a really old brand of television. One like the "good old Radiation King" from the Simpsons, that those reading it will be able to recognise.

What was your first-ever television brand?

What about an old "History channel"?

Oh and is the term "rag scallion"?

Here's what I'm tryin' to get at:

Two eyes of swirly green and tinges of blue open, and an iris slowly contracts to the new light. The boy slowly focuses on his reflection in the ?Peterson?s Televisions? shopfront window. ?the History Channelnnel,? crackles from the small speakers of a tarnisBelweder OT-1471T-1471. The door opens and bell rings. ?Hey, you, boy! Get ?ourag scalliong scallion!? In the window, the boy?s reflection turns to its side and walks away.

A old TV channel that would have broadcast history, like wars. (Would they have had dedicated history channels back then?) I'm trying to establish time without actually mentioning time.

After the U.S. entry into World War II, the FCC reduced the required minimum air time for commercial television stations from 15 hours per week to 4 hours. Most TV stations suspended broadcasting. On the few that remained, programs included entertainment such as boxing and plays, events at Madison Square Garden, and illustrated war news as well as training for air raid wardens and first aid providers. In 1942, there were 5,000 sets in operation, but production of new TVs, radios, and other broadcasting equipment for civilian purposes was suspended from April 1, 1942 to October 1, 1945 (Dunlap).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_te...n#United_States

No idea if that's what you're talking about though.