[Vista Users]Whats your Reliability Rating?

Whats your performance rating?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Performance Rating for today

• 0-1
    • 1-2
    • 2-3
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • 5-6
    • 6-7
    • 7-8
    • 8-9

Whats your windows reliability rating for today? Mine is 8.72, the 2nd highest it's ever been. :p

To find out the rating...

search for Performance in the start menu and open it, click Reliablity Monitor.

Edited by Adamb10

what do you mean by performance rating?

Index scores? Mine is 5.6 it only goes upto 5.9 so your score is questionable.

QX6700 @ 3.2GHz

4GB RAM @ 1200MHz T2

EVGA 680i Motherboard

BFG NVIDIA 8800GTX @ Stock

1.2TB Hard Drive storage, + Raptors

If you are talking about the Experience Index, they go up to 5.9 and there are plenty of threads discussing member's scores.

@WinMacLin: Why do you only get a 5.6, my system gets a 5.8 and is nowhere near yours.

No, not the experience index, the performance rating is a rating windows gives you based on the performance of your pc for that day.

As my pc, I guess it likes Vista. :p

post-65970-1174870710_thumb.jpg

Ughhh. I have a 4.5 technically. However, everything (except for the 2GB of DDR2667 RAM) is above 4.9. I have a 5.9 on my Aero graphics, and a 5.6 on the gaming graphics, with a Geforce Go 7900GS.

If you are talking about the Experience Index, they go up to 5.9 and there are plenty of threads discussing member's scores.

@WinMacLin: Why do you only get a 5.6, my system gets a 5.8 and is nowhere near yours.

I use a 160GB Western Digital as my Boot Drive. it only gets a performance score of 5.6 And my RAM also only gets a 5.6 but if I put my RAM to 800MHz T1 it gets a 5.9 :/ everything else is 5.9

So basically I am pulled down by my rubbish boot drive and poor bandwidth testing by the index score system on my RAM.

No, not the experience index, the performance rating is a rating windows gives you based on the performance of your pc for that day.

As my pc, I guess it likes Vista. :p

post-65970-1174870710_thumb.jpg

In that case I get a 1.33

Vista is quite unstable for me when I game due to the really poor NVIDIA drivers, and allot of my applications are not compatible so...

post-70022-1174871296_thumb.jpg

I use a 160GB Western Digital as my Boot Drive. it only gets a performance score of 5.6 And my RAM also only gets a 5.6 but if I put my RAM to 800MHz T1 it gets a 5.9 :/ everything else is 5.9

So basically I am pulled down by my rubbish boot drive and poor bandwidth testing by the index score system on my RAM.

In that case I get a 1.33

Vista is quite unstable for me when I game due to the really poor NVIDIA drivers, and allot of my applications are not compatible so...

Ah I see. I was going to say... your system clearly blows mine out of the water! Goes to show me you can't rely too much on the index score.

Right now my reliability rating is 3.14... I spent a lot of time today trying to get a very problematic program to install correctly. All failed attempts are recorded :p

reliabilitypo5.jpg

Every day that I try and install something is a failed attempt. The only time Vista runs smoothly for me is when it's idle. The points on my screeny when there were no errors are when it was not touched at all. lol.. A few months of bumpy rides I guess. Will be worth it in the end though.

2.71 although 99% of the errors are due to SearchIndexer.exe and iexplorer.exe where the bugs have been fixed.... however since I'm using RC2 I'll live with them.

7.4 but I did finally get Dell to admit that there is a hardware problem with my machine yesterday (they are coming to pick it up on Tuesday).

@GuJu: That's the Windows Experience Index, not your reliability rating.

To see your reliability rating, right click my computer and click manage, accept the UAC prompt if it comes up. Then in the left hand panel expand Reliability and Performance, Monitoring Tools and then Reliability Monitor. Your index is then shown at the top right of the main panel.

7.4 but I did finally get Dell to admit that there is a hardware problem with my machine yesterday (they are coming to pick it up on Tuesday).

@GuJu: That's the Windows Experience Index, not your reliability rating.

To see your reliability rating, right click my computer and click manage, accept the UAC prompt if it comes up. Then in the left hand panel expand Reliability and Performance, Monitoring Tools and then Reliability Monitor. Your index is then shown at the top right of the main panel.

i get this...no rating

untitledah5.jpg

i get this...no rating

When did you upgrade to Vista?

That rating can change any given day. 10.00 on 2/26, 9.01 on 3/1, today (3/31) 2.21. What happened, too many Explorer.exe "stop working" reports, disruptive shutdowns thanks to ATI CAT 7.3 drivers (back to 7.2). DllHost.dll problems when the icon preview for my videos (could be a Nero problem, all soultions i found online dont work), and FEAR Combat problems which is strange because the game never ran into a problem so it must be some stange problem when i exit.

So as long as you dont touch your computer then the rating should go up :p