Vista Maximum Transparency

Nicee!!

Although I like it Im not gonna use it...

Im fine with the normal one...like I dont need them completely transparent no matter how good it looks.

but still....Very Nice Work!

Medking

Read the instructions! You are not supposed to boot to safe mode. You should take ownership.

It's funny you say this because i read not only the instructions listed here, but also ones from different sites detailing how to do this exact same thing. both rules failed. The first few times i did not even boot into safe mode. The few other times, i did. If anything, i downloaded the 64 bit files rather than the 86 bit ones (Also, how would i have replaced the files if i did not have ownership?)

Edited by iceyJDP

my vista, I'M use Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4

um yeah, people will want the whole window to be transparent thats not annoying or distracting at all.

but in terms of the maximum transparency patch, it looks really good although i too wonder if i would want the border and start menu to be transparent when maximized.

I got my transparency to work. (It seems when i moved the 3 files to the system32 folder, they randomly moved to different folder, which i was not aware of

It's not working here on Vista 64 Bits. Same problem as iceyJDP, only get error: Windows could not find Uxtheme.dll. Checked that I'm using correct files for Vista 64. I restored my original files.

It worked for anyone on 64 bits?

EDIT: It worked at the second try. But I noticed something weird, I can't see the same files if I use Total Commander or normal Windows File Explorer?. In the first try I used TC and in the second try used Windows File Explorer and changes that I do with one app doesnt affect the other app?

Am I crazy, is there a bug, or is it normal?

Edited by Xianuro

It's not working here on Vista 64 Bits. Same problem as iceyJDP, only get error: Windows could not find Uxtheme.dll. Checked that I'm using correct files for Vista 64. I restored my original files.

It worked for anyone on 64 bits?

EDIT: It worked at the second try. But I noticed something weird, I can't see the same files if I use Total Commander or normal Windows File Explorer?. In the first try I used TC and in the second try used Windows File Explorer and changes that I do with one app doesnt affect the other app?

Am I crazy, is there a bug, or is it normal?

you have 2 types of DLL files 86x and 64x use proper files for your system if you can't access your system you can replace your files directly from NTFS booting supporting disk to boot from it and using suitable ntfs dos programe like volkov commander navigate to files place and replace with dll files for 64x operating system this a Hirens bootable CD containing volkov commander and other programes you can download from a link below

http://www602.fixdown.com/Hirens.BootCD.rar

I would love to use this, but it would need to have the black title bar when mazimized still, that is something I actually LOVE and couldn't live without. Having transparency when maximized is just way too distracting.

I would love to use this, but it would need to have the black title bar when mazimized still, that is something I actually LOVE and couldn't live without. Having transparency when maximized is just way too distracting.

you can try this theme for you

Link

http://www.zshare.net/download/but-blak-exe.html

when maximized both taskbar and maximized windows is a ablack

are you ok?

Oki here is my ultimate theme:

1. Maximum transparency in windows

2. Complete black taskbar when maximized (its not completely black in but-blak theme)

3. Complete black when maximized.

Your but-blak.exe theme is almost 100% perfect for me :) but the tastbar isnt 100% black, there is a lighter stripe in the middle of it. And that stipe is there when glass to. Its like in the others windows before maximum transparency. Look at the picture.

post-202107-1176281486_thumb.png

post-202107-1176281492_thumb.png

Edited by nero78

hmm, i like the start bar to transparent but i dont like the windows being transparent when maximized. i dont know if its possible to do that seperately but that would be really good.