XBOX support is horrible and i still need help

i called xbox support just a few minutes ago because for some reason with the VGA cable i can hear everything but i cannot see it. and now its doing the same with the other cable as well. and they keep telling me that the problem was because my computer needed updating. My computer isnt even connected to the 360 in any way shape or form. so how could it be my computers fault. they told me to contact the manufacturer of my computer and not to call them back until i had updated my computer * well i am the manufacturer of my computer and i say that its pretty d*mn updated and that it has nothing to do with the issue. on top of all that i just want to play my 360 but i cant see anything lol i can play by ear if i get a good enough game but i dont see that happening any time soon. i just wish there was a hard reset button on these things to reset the settings to factory defualt because i know the issue is in the video format screen i just dont remember how to navigate to it useing just sound alone.

What. Call back and talk to someone with a brain.

Can I also ask the location of the call centre?

i am not sure where the call center was all i know is that he spoke rather good english.. better than mine :-(

Sounds about right - when my box broke last weekend i ended up having this conversation with a gentleman in what i expect was an indian call centre:

TECH: What colour is the light on the power supply?

Me: Looks green but i'm colour blind so i may be wrong

TECH: is it green or red?

ME: i'm red/green colour blind so i couldn't really say

TECH: is it red?

ME: not sure mate - as i say i'm colour blind

TECH: is it green?

ME i'm colour blind - i can't tell you

TECH: is it red or green?

ME: I DO NOT KNOW I AM COLOUR BLIND AND CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RED OR GREEN

TECH: is it red or green?

Sadly this kept going even further - and i idly wondered about buying a PS3 :wacko:

Tech support there is atrocious. I had to call up to resolve my transfer of my gamer-tag as it wasn't working.

The call person had no interest in helping my situation, answering any of my questions, only informing me of what I already knew.

I've had better customer service support from guys from India, not these college age punks working for MS.

i tried pluging in the normal cable that ships with the 360 and there was still no video even on a regular tele instead of usieng my monitor. however after a while if you leave the whole system unplugged from anything plug it all back in eventually it will work on the screen however its all weird colours and all wavey. i just do not want to send in my 360 because i am afraid they will end up charging me the second they open the box. there has been a bit of after market work done on it. and i really cannot afford to pay to have it repaired at this time/

this is an image i took with my phone of what the screen looks like when i can manage to get it to work however it only works 2 out of ten times i turn it on

post-120066-1175976625.jpg

Is it using a port with another video source running through it.

Eg. My Wii works on AV2, as does my Pay TV, it looks screwy till I turn the PayTV off

actually there was only one input on the port it was pluged into i ended up going and buying another unit because i didnt want to go another day without it.

First off, try it with another and see what happens, if that doesn't happen then bangbang023 explained it already :yes:

Sounds like a dead unit. Probably going to have to replace it.