TimeShift Gets "Shifted" Again

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I had a 50/50 shot of this or BPN...but anyways.

If it seems like you've been hearing about the still-unreleased TimeShift for years, it's probably because you have. The game began as an Xbox first-person shooter under Atari's auspices, before jumping ship to both new publisher Vivendi and new platform the Xbox 360. We expected the finished game to finally hit last fall, when we even played several levels from what seemed like a nearly final version of the game. Since that time, though, developer Saber Interactive has practically gutted the game, with a visual overhaul, mechanical redesigns, and more. The result is a game that's frankly not even recognizable to anyone who played the old builds of TimeShift in the last few years.

The look and storyline of TimeShift have been almost completely overhauled in the last few months. The few particular that remain from the previous game are as follows: You're still a guy with a fancy suit that can bend time in multiple directions, and you're still fighting alongside a ragtag rebellion against a nefarious, imperialist chrome dome named Krone. Just about everything else is different, though. You're not playing as square-jawed Col. Swift anymore; the newly redesigned main character is encased in a full-body suit that makes him look like a high-tech cybernetic ninja. In fact, the entire story (aside from the aforementioned points) has been scrapped, so you likely won't hear the voiceovers provided by Dennis Quaid and Michael Ironside in the final version of the game, either.

Full Story Here (Gamespot)

Well even though I wasn't really following this game before now, I still think it's pretty rediculous that a single game has been reformatted and redeveloped so many times. The premise sounds cool (FPS with Prince of Persia-esque time shifting abilities), so I hope they just get their act together and release something we can play.

Although I'm not liking the loss of control over the timeshifting abilities...

Nothing wrong with making a game good. I've waited for this one to come for a while and if it gets pushed back more, so be it. The only thing that concerns me is it will be as short as the later than late Prey.

people just estimate on dates.. you can't blame them. i've made dates up and never hit the target either. maybe a critical story change, or a new mission, boss, whatever was adjusted... probably something didn't fit in the game, or couldn't be constructed fast enough.

Good things come to people who wait

- Guiness