[MMA] Mayweather Issues Boxing Challenge To Chuck Liddell

FLOYD MAYWEATHER: This fight is good for fighting. It?s not like the sport is going anywhere. Like I said before man, to be honest, you know, you?re going to see but a fad (UFC.) Anybody, like I said before, anybody could put a little tattoo on their head, put a little tattoo on the arm, plus the piercing and go out there and street fight. These fighters �" if they feel Chuck Ladell (ph) is so good, if Chuck Ladell (ph) weighed 207 pounds, I don?t know how much Chuck Ladell (ph) weighs, like I said before, if Chuck Ladell (ph), I think he weighs like 220 or something We should take Chuck Ladell (ph) and this is me, and we ain?t got to take the best heavyweight, we just need to take a good heavyweight and let Chuck Ladell (ph) fight a good heavyweight under Mayweather Promotions. And if Chuck Ladell (ph) beats him, I?ll give him $1 million out of my own pocket. And actually you?re going to see �" like I said, that stuff is nothing but a fad. Because most of them guys, they couldn?t make it in boxing, so they had to turn to something else. So they dig all of this different type of fighting come up.

If you?re real, we?re like layers (ph) from the past, we go from the shoulders. Why do you think the sport of boxing been here for hundreds and hundreds of years, and they try to do �" they try to get anything �" they try to do anything they can to, you know, to try to knock our sport. Boxing is the best sport in the world. Boxing is here to stay. And boxing is blood, sweat and tears.

KELLY SWANSON: OK. That was the last call. Thank you very much, Floyd, I appreciate it.

Read More...

Headline after the fight:

Mayweather boxer dies after brutal beating in UFC bout

He wants Lidell to box against one of his boxers?

Boxing is the best sport in the world. Boxing is here to stay. And boxing is blood, sweat and tears.

Is that why NO ONE cares about it at all?

Boxing is nothing but bigger gloves and only punching. Yeah, you have to be in shape, skilled, etc. UFC is the same way, except you have to be skilled in MANY different aspects, in shape to aggressively go at it ALL OUT for 3 rounds, etc.

Not to mention, UFC has a ground game, Boxing doesn't.

He wants them to fight under boxing rules.

How about 1 fight under each set of rules.

He wants them to fight under boxing rules.

How about 1 fight under each set of rules.

Sounds fair enough...I would want to see Chuck own Floyd tho...also he is looking over Hoya which is foolish...

• 2 weeks later...

I read that Dana offered a 2 million dollar purse for a Mayweather vs. Sam Sherk fight. I believe Mayweather turned it down, but it's funny how he says he can knock any UFC fighter out in a heartbeat. Why don't you get the 2 million dollars for 2 seconds of fighting then, Floyd?