Kazaa wont connect

Question

I have windows vista on a dell dimension 820 p4 2.4 ghz. I haev broadband internet DSL with quest. I have windows live one care and I have hit allow for kazaa to work. It still will not connet to the internet. At my house we have 3 computers so they go threw the modem and threw a linksys dsl router.

Anyone know how and why i cant connect?

Spyware. Please get rid of that mess and install Cabos or something. I'm serious, and afterwards, do a spyware scan.

Kazaa es el diablo!

Edited by MchWalte

why would you think kazaa didnt excist anymore?

Because there's much better software out there that isn't filled with spyware and you simply don't hear about Kazaa these days. I also didn't think it still existed :laugh:

Kazaa is just pure crap. Cabos is a lot better and I've only tried it a few times, but that's enough to know it's much better. Pretty much anything else is better than Kazaa to be honest :laugh:

Stop caring about KaZaA don't work and start caring about this:

Malware installed by Kazaa includes the following[6]:

* Cydoor (spyware): Collects information on the PC's surfing habits and passes it on to the company which created Cydoor.

* B3D (adware): An add-on which causes advertising popups if the PC accesses a website which triggers the B3D code.

* Altnet (adware): A distribution network for paid "gold" files.

* GAIN (spyware): Identifies your interests based on some of your computer usage and some of your web surfing behavior, including the URLs of Web pages viewed by you and other criteria. Versions of Kazaa released after 16 August 2005 do not have this.

* The Best Offers (adware): Tracks your browsing habits and internet usage to display advertisements similar to your interests.

* InstaFinder (hijacker): Redirects your URL typing errors to InstaFinder's web page instead of the standard search page.

* TopSearch (adware): Displays paid songs and media related to your search in Kazaa.

* RX Toolbar (spyware): The toolbar monitors all the sites you visit with Microsoft Internet Explorer and provides links to competitors' websites.

* New.Net (hijacker): A browser plugin that lets you access several of its own unofficial Top Level Domain names, e.g., .chat and .shop. The main purpose of which is to sell domain names such as www.record.shop which is actually www.record.shop.new.net.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazaa#Bundled_malware

I use kazaa resurection.

Besides on kazaas website it says NO spyware. Are they lying?

Ill give cabos a try.

Read what +Nienor posted. ;)

Besides on kazaas website it says NO spyware. Are they lying?
Yeah, They say Spyware-free but they says also Ad-suported. http://www.kazaa.com/us/help/faq/howis_kazaa_free.htm

So who care if it's Adware or Spyware, they are both malware and not good.

Now install Smiley Central if you are happy with KaZaA it's also without spyware and adware you can trust them!

(Note: this post must be read with a extreme sarcastic tone)

Please dont get limewire, use its spyware free cousin frostwire :)

Limewire has spyware? Since when?

Limewire crashed my computer. Thumbs down to it. Limewire, afaik, has always had spyware. Also, some of the files you get from it will crash your system too.

I didn't know people use anything anymore other than bittorrent.s

Man I must have super power to live within the future!

[me]continues futuristic life[/me]

Just what until you guys get to 2007 you'll be amazed!

Limewire crashed my computer. Thumbs down to it. Limewire, afaik, has always had spyware. Also, some of the files you get from it will crash your system too.

Never had any problems with LimeWire. Suits my Pr0n needs just fine :)

I would use bit torrent, but I can't get it past my 'firewall'.

Even though the firewall on my router is off. And the one on my OS. Even following about 5 different port forwarding websites, nada. Limewire seems to do fine however.

Whoa, Kazaa! I remember that! Terrible piece of bloat. Wasn't it like the first successful file-sharer after Napster?

Oh, Napster, there's another one...little advice, don't make a thread asking why Napster won't connect :rofl:

Maybe your PC doesn't like Java? It can be a clog :/

But there's no spyware. LimeWire is open source anyways :rofl: