The Grand National - 2007

I have basically no horse racing kowledge, but I'm thinking about betting on hedgehunter (each way). And I quite fancy putting a bet on jack high to win.

Eurotrek 20/1 (ladbrokes.com) chucked a fiver on. Could win ?105, so fingers crossed:))

You would win ?100 not ?105.

Used to go racing a lot, saw The Fellow win at Kempton Park in the King George many years ago, used to goto Sandown, Ascot and Epson Downs as a kid quite often also.

I don't enjoy horse racing that much now, used to like going, it's become very expensive.

3 years ago as a family we went to Folkstone races, pee'd down with rain, cost ?52 for my fiance and I to get in and we got soaked due to not having sheltered tickets.

Left after the 4th race, freakin train did not arrive till after the last race, worst day out I have ever experienced, so not interested in racing now.

So the last horse I backed was Hedge Hunter in the gold cup 2 gold cups ago which came second.

I haven't placed a bet on the Grand National for 5 odd years, won't be doing it either this year.

If I was I would put money on, I would go for a 50/1 shot that stays 3 miles+, likes yielding ground and is a light weight.

Edited by leesmithg

I live about two minutes from Aintree Racecourse...you can hear it from our house as well. It can actually be quite annoying to be honest when Melling Road gets closed, then there are all those helicopters flying over all day, and the added traffic is insane as well.

I find it so weird that a world wide event is right next to my house!

I see Silver Birch won, saw the last 2 fences, 33/1 woweeee, last winner I did was Royal Athlete in 1995 when he was 66/1 (price I got) sp was 40/1.

Not had a flutter on the national for years.

I was going for Bewleys Berry. no money or anything, just lots of hope. He was doing pretty well untill he fell at fence 22, he was first at that point.