[Soccer] Ronaldo signs five-year deal with Man United

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new five-year contract with Premiership leaders Manchester United.

The 22-year-old Portuguese winger has ended speculation over his future after being linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay," he said.

"I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6551679.stm

I'm glad he's staying, I thought he was bound to move earlier in the season but it's all come together for him lately. On a side note, see if you can sport the problem with the article below, lol.

http://www.sabcnews.com/sport/soccer/0,2172,147149,00.html

You know what Ronaldo looks alot like that other Ronaldo these days...the fatter one :laugh:

On a side note its good to see him stay for now tho one day he will be lured away for sure but for around 50 odd million...

im also glad he staying in English football, im not a man utd fan but i watched the game in the week and he was just amazing

why couldn't he have been born in the UK :(

Just wondering why you called it soccer when we all know it's football, soccer is American!

Every article has this argument :laugh:

Every article has this argument :laugh:

Whoops didn't need to start anything :whistle:

Back to topic, yes it's great that Ronaldo has resigned. I have to say he's one of the best players in the world at the moment.

I used to hate Ronaldo and Drogba, mainly because of there cheating ways. Recently though they have both improved, and are playing proper "football", Drogba especially, so I am willing to forgive them both :).

Ronaldo is still a git though, and I hope he leaves Man Utd, but that probably will not happen this summer even though contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. He would be great at Barca; Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldo, how about that for creativity!

he is a strong link in man united and it's good for them that he stays,

but that doesn't change the fact the liverpool is going to win European cup ^^

he is a strong link in man united and it's good for them that he stays,

but that doesn't change the fact the liverpool is going to win European cup ^^

lol....u must pass through Portugal first.. :whistle:

Whoops didn't need to start anything :whistle:

Back to topic, yes it's great that Ronaldo has resigned. I have to say he's one of the best players in the world at the moment.

Haha, I had to read that twice. He impressed me against Roma.

I heard on the radio he will be on ?125,000 per week.

I would wager that in 2 years he will be in Spain on more per week.

The long contract is so Manchester United can get a fee for him rather than a free.

I had no doubt that he would sign a new contract and it was just a matter of time. Just hope that we can get Hargreaves to join us now in the summer!

I had no doubt that he would sign a new contract and it was just a matter of time. Just hope that we can get Hargreaves to join us now in the summer!

I will think you will find Arsenal will sign him.

Madrid not giving up on Ronaldo

Spanish giants Real Madrid don't appear to have given up on signing midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer.

Ronaldo's future at Old Trafford appeared to have been tied up last week when he signed a new five-year deal worth a whopping ?31million.

But Real's director of football Predrag Mijatovic, talking to Madrid daily AS, says the Portuguese superstar could still end up moving once the season is over.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2076814,00.html