Do you have 56k or Broadband?

56k or Broadband  

100 members have voted

1. 1. 56k or Broadband

• Broadband with no lag or anything
    • Broadband with problems
    • 56k Works perfectly on all games
    • 56k works well enough of some games (if so which?)
    • 56k impossible on multiplayer.

How does your net connection work with Gold multiplayer?

Do any games work on multiplayer with 56k, if so which, and is it still fun?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

xxx

Are you serious 56k?

I haven't seen ANYONE use a 56k modem since like 2001 around here...

56k sucks for gaming, it usually causes high latencies over 200ms. For FPS gaming, its too much.

Also, LIVE is a BRODBAND Gaming network, how the hell do you even get 56k on xbl?

Are you serious 56k?

I haven't seen ANYONE use a 56k modem since like 2001 around here...

56k sucks for gaming, it usually causes high latencies over 200ms. For FPS gaming, its too much.

Also, LIVE is a BRODBAND Gaming network, how the hell do you even get 56k on xbl?

Phwooo, calm down, it's just a question, if you havn't seen anyone using it then you havn't been looking very hard, someone in the poll has said 56k is alright for some games.

lol 56k, what year is it again?

you cant do anything on that anymore, even browsing would be a nightmare since most sites uses bigger graphics etc.

You'd get owned and then kicked or banned for even trying to game on 56k lol

if you use Internet connection sharing, its possible to share a dial up connection.

However, tbh, I'd imagine thats only useful for uploading acheivments etc to your gamertag, as it would take too long to download anything, and too slow and too higher ping for gaming

I used 56k for gaming up until 2005 without any probs, as I couldn't get cable nor adsl at the time....in London of all places. Dialup just wouldn't work full stop on XBL, downloading the dashboard updates would just be a painful process for a start. I'm on 24mb adsl atm and it rocks for gaming.

Cable FTW! People that use dial-up and live in an area with broadband access should be banned from having internet for being stupid! You can get cable at a speed which is 3x faster than dial-up for the same price! I still see people paying $25 per month for dial-up when they can get a lower-end cable internet package for the same price! If you are in this situation, you are a dumbass!